Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

It will roll

It just wont be prettty.
Currently pondering whether to make the leap of faith out to the sandbox.

All joking aside, according to hard numbers and facts....
Is this 4 year upgrade (command) a reality for someone who has not yet even interviewed? Say, joining in the winter or spring 2013?
I know there are enough airplanes on order to make this happen, but any guesses on a time frame for the newbies?

Will hiring direct entry Capts significantly slow down the time to command or will it be a small enough number to have a nominal effect?

I've head a lot about quick upgrades, and personally experienced a quick upgrade trend to an infinite one so I know how misleading the employers claims can be. Being a CA in even 5 years would be enough to tip the scale, but if I'm going to sit in the right seat, I'd rather do it on my home turf. I mean I like hummus and all but.... Ok joking.

Thank you for your information.

Someone hired today can realistically expect an upgrade after 7-10 years on current expansion plans; if Romney gets elected and starts another war with Iran that might even extend much further.

Currently pondering whether to make the leap of faith out to the sandbox.

All joking aside, according to hard numbers and facts....
Is this 4 year upgrade (command) a reality for someone who has not yet even interviewed? Say, joining in the winter or spring 2013?
I know there are enough airplanes on order to make this happen, but any guesses on a time frame for the newbies?

Will hiring direct entry Capts significantly slow down the time to command or will it be a small enough number to have a nominal effect?

I've head a lot about quick upgrades, and personally experienced a quick upgrade trend to an infinite one so I know how misleading the employers claims can be. Being a CA in even 5 years would be enough to tip the scale, but if I'm going to sit in the right seat, I'd rather do it on my home turf. I mean I like hummus and all but.... Ok joking.

Thank you for your information.

If you are looking for a faster upgrade, I would go with Qatar or Etihad. The peak has passed for EK and you are going to sit in the right seat for more than 5 years probably more like 7-10 if you join a few months from now.

The official number of DEC's they are hiring is still unknown to the rank and file. The one thing that I can say is that major preference in DEC hiring has been given to the UK and Australian folks. That should make the training department that much more pleasant (TIC).....rumor has it most of these guys are being hired for future TRI/TRE positions.

Latest resources

Back