• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

yep...didn't see that coming (oil)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, a lot of analysts have stated this is to cover a "bad" short position, a financial more than a supply and demand issue. December delivery is still trading around 108/bbl; that's quite a gap. We'll see where this goes in the next month. Still, I was shocked too.

up over 20 some dollars...what kind of complete BS is this place coming to.
not that enough people would get over themselves long enough to make this happen, BUT....

what we need to do (among other things) is have a HUGE week long "sick out". Not leave our homes for any reason. Not for work, school, the grocery store, NOTHING for an entire week. Think of the effect of millions of people staying away from everything for an entire week. A single day won't be enough......

Its time for an uprising from "the people".

I am so sick of these analysts driving the market!!! I would love to tie a steak to their neck and leave them in the room with my Doberman.

not that enough people would get over themselves long enough to make this happen, BUT....

what we need to do (among other things) is have a HUGE week long "sick out". Not leave our homes for any reason. Not for work, school, the grocery store, NOTHING for an entire week. Think of the effect of millions of people staying away from everything for an entire week. A single day won't be enough......

Its time for an uprising from "the people".
Who would that hurt?

Besides the people?

It's not just oil, it's other "safe" investments like gold, platinum, etc.

This banking crisis in the US is incredibly serious (and sadly, entirely predictable), and investors are looking for safer harbors for their money.

Unfortunately for the airlines, this means more expensive gas. Oy vey!

I am so sick of these analysts driving the market!!! I would love to tie a steak to their neck and leave them in the room with my Doberman.

If you find a way to do this, do me a favor: Sell tickets! Procedes to benefit the fur-holed pilot fund!

I'll pay extra to tie the steak around thier scrawny little necks!

It will be back up to $150 barrel within a week. Investers are looking for some stability in the market. Banking industry and financials are taking it in the keyster...

I think I will sink all of my investments into sythetic breast enhancements..... A true growth industry!

Latest resources

Back