yep...didn't see that coming (oil)

flyboyzz1

Total Time
#
up over 20 some dollars...what kind of complete BS is this place coming to.

SpauldingSmails

Aboard the sloop.
Total Time
>7000
Yeah, a lot of analysts have stated this is to cover a "bad" short position, a financial more than a supply and demand issue. December delivery is still trading around 108/bbl; that's quite a gap. We'll see where this goes in the next month. Still, I was shocked too.

ohplease!

Total Time
10K+
up over 20 some dollars...what kind of complete BS is this place coming to.
not that enough people would get over themselves long enough to make this happen, BUT....

what we need to do (among other things) is have a HUGE week long "sick out". Not leave our homes for any reason. Not for work, school, the grocery store, NOTHING for an entire week. Think of the effect of millions of people staying away from everything for an entire week. A single day won't be enough......

Its time for an uprising from "the people".

flynryan15

Total Time
2000+
I am so sick of these analysts driving the market!!! I would love to tie a steak to their neck and leave them in the room with my Doberman.

paulsalem

Total Time
not that enough people would get over themselves long enough to make this happen, BUT....

what we need to do (among other things) is have a HUGE week long "sick out". Not leave our homes for any reason. Not for work, school, the grocery store, NOTHING for an entire week. Think of the effect of millions of people staying away from everything for an entire week. A single day won't be enough......

Its time for an uprising from "the people".
Who would that hurt?

Besides the people?

Soverytired

Total Time
It's not just oil, it's other "safe" investments like gold, platinum, etc.

This banking crisis in the US is incredibly serious (and sadly, entirely predictable), and investors are looking for safer harbors for their money.

Unfortunately for the airlines, this means more expensive gas. Oy vey!

LowlyPropCapt

PBR For Life, and Beyond!
Total Time
8000+
I am so sick of these analysts driving the market!!! I would love to tie a steak to their neck and leave them in the room with my Doberman.
If you find a way to do this, do me a favor: Sell tickets! Procedes to benefit the fur-holed pilot fund!

I'll pay extra to tie the steak around thier scrawny little necks!

rumorhasit

$11.25 per seat mile
Total Time
whtevr
It will be back up to $150 barrel within a week. Investers are looking for some stability in the market. Banking industry and financials are taking it in the keyster...

crj567

I think I will sink all of my investments into sythetic breast enhancements..... A true growth industry!

COOPERVANE

Member since 1967
Total Time
<8000
I think I will sink all of my investments into sythetic breast enhancements..... A true growth industry!

It is a recession resistant industry!!

Minimaniac

Benevolent Dictator
Total Time
I don't know if it is recession proof... Pamela Anderson had hers reduced. Maybe you could "naked short sell" cup sizes?

vectorvictor

Total Time
Lifer
They could rename crude oil: Speculation value of the US dollar. If the downward trend continues on the dollar, the price of oil futures will trend up.

VV

Tough times

Smarta$$

Total Time
Good thing W said he would veto the Stop oil Speculation bill. That will show'm.