• Watchers 16

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Traumahawk,

Lighten up Francis. You're comparing apples to oranges. Bob Hoover is a great aerobatic pilot, but what he does is very far removed from the day to day airline operations. Apollo astronauts? Are you talking about the same guys that would fly a T-38 nonstop from Los Angeles to Houston? The same guys that would shut an engine down during descent because it saved 30-40 pounds of fuel? The same folks that would do a straight-in approach at Ellington (With the back seater gripping the ejection handles) in lieu of an overhead because they didn't have enough gas? The same aviators who once flamed an engine out during rollout, who's jet took more fuel than the book said the T-38 holds?

Don't get me wrong, these guys are tremendous aviators, far more accomplished that I'll ever be, but having a set of good hands, being a part of history and surviving a multitude of crashes are not the only to attributes of a great aviator. If my peers at Comair want to put that sign up, then BRAVO, more power to them, and shame on you for being so petty and self-loathing that you think that's actually worthy of derision.

Last edited:
Yeah, how could you!!!!! Everybody knows Comair pilots are better than everybody else. I even had one tell me that once.

bvt1151 said:
This is the most worthless flamebait I've ever heard.

You Haven't been here long...

KO King said:
...why cant a company be proud of their image.....I think it is kind of cool actually regardless of what anyone else thinks. ...maybe if the rest of the pilot groups were the same way, all the bitching would stop.

HAH! Yea, Mesa, CHQ even XJET with this on their doors. I'm SURE they'd get the same reaction. What are you smoking??

LJDRVR said:
Traumahawk,

Lighten up Francis. You're comparing apples to oranges. Bob Hoover is a great aerobatic pilot, but what he does is very far removed from the day to day airline operations

Exactly. Ooo this guy can shoot a 7 mile straight in visual. Shot the ol DCA 19 with gusty winds and light snow. What a tremendous aviator. Are you really defending this absurdity?? Doing so speaks volumes about how some of you really think.

I'm sorry, the finest pilots in the world could be found out in the High Desert in the 1950's and 60's. Not to mention Europe and Asia in WWII. Theres a handful at many companies. If you guys put "Rarely" or "Once in a while" at the top of your sign it might make a little more sense.

LJDRVR said:
...If my peers at Comair want to put that sign up, then BRAVO, more power to them, and shame on you for being so petty and self-loathing that you think that's actually worthy of derision.

It sure as sh*t is worthy of a laugh with some of the guys I've watched head over to your neck of the woods. If this were ANYONE else...Ol' BVT1151 and the rest of you wouldn't be writing it off as flamebait I can assure you of that.

T-Hawk

Settle down, Traumahawk, I doubt anyone at Comair thinks that sign is meant to be taken literally. Lots of organizations and groups have a little team pride, a concept apparently lost on you.

Traumahawk said:
You Haven't been here long...

HAH! Yea, Mesa, CHQ even XJET with this on their doors. I'm SURE they'd get the same reaction. What are you smoking??

Exactly. Ooo this guy can shoot a 7 mile straight in visual. Shot the ol DCA 19 with gusty winds and light snow. What a tremendous aviator. Are you really defending this absurdity?? Doing so speaks volumes about how some of you really think.

I'm sorry, the finest pilots in the world could be found out in the High Desert in the 1950's and 60's. Not to mention Europe and Asia in WWII. Theres a handful at many companies. If you guys put "Rarely" or "Once in a while" at the top of your sign it might make a little more sense.

It sure as sh*t is worthy of a laugh with some of the guys I've watched head over to your neck of the woods. If this were ANYONE else...Ol' BVT1151 and the rest of you wouldn't be writing it off as flamebait I can assure you of that.

T-Hawk

Don't worry junior. You may becoma a pro. aviator one day. Keep trying and quit being so jealous.

Traumahawk said:
Shot the ol DCA 19 with gusty winds and light snow. What a tremendous aviator. Are you really defending this absurdity?? Doing so speaks volumes about how some of you really think.T-Hawk

That can be a challenging approach, you little sh1t. If your Captain actually let you fly it, then maybe you'd know. Why are you so disgusted with the silly little sign? You should see some of the junk they post where I work.

Now go practice fondling the gear handle, or Oakum gonna beat you with a stick.

Traumahawk said:
I may be late on this but I nearly fainted from laughter as a friend confirmed the "writing on the wall" that sits outside the ComAir crew room--ON A PLAQUE--in CVG:

"THROUGH THESE DOORS WALK THE FINEST PILOTS IN THE WORLD"

Did I miss the point when Chuck Yeager and Bob Hoover were in newhire class together? How many WWII aces do you have over at Comair??? Any Apollo Astronauts in the ranks? Doolittle raiders?? National Aerobatic Champions?

Putting this outside the door of ANY regional airline is akin to putting the medical version outside a walk-in-clinic.
"THORUGH THESE DOORS WALK THE FINEST SURGEONS..."

What gives guys?? ;)

I know you swallow!!!

Oakum_Boy said:
That can be a challenging approach, you little sh1t. If your Captain actually let you fly it, then maybe you'd know.

Wait I get it, I guess your Captain let you try.....ONCE. Is the Expressway visual as challenging for you too??

Oakum_Boy said:
Now go practice fondling the gear handle, or Oakum gonna beat you with a stick.

I'll bet you're beating something. Anyone with the word "homo" twice in their profile along with "erect" is bound to be. See UNCLE for details.

Geeze...The FINEST pilots sure do get fired up quick! :D

Latest resources

Back