Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T

Traumahawk

I may be late on this but I nearly fainted from laughter as a friend confirmed the "writing on the wall" that sits outside the ComAir crew room--ON A PLAQUE--in CVG:

"THROUGH THESE DOORS WALK THE FINEST PILOTS IN THE WORLD"

Did I miss the point when Chuck Yeager and Bob Hoover were in newhire class together? How many WWII aces do you have over at Comair??? Any Apollo Astronauts in the ranks? Doolittle raiders?? National Aerobatic Champions?

Putting this outside the door of ANY regional airline is akin to putting the medical version outside a walk-in-clinic.
"THORUGH THESE DOORS WALK THE FINEST SURGEONS..."

What gives guys?? ;)

Because, "Through These Doors Walk the Pilots Whose Daddy's Could Afford To Send Them To The World's Most Expensive Pay-To-Play Academies." Wouldn't fit.

There is also one that says the same thing above the flight attendant lounge. It's more of a sign than a "plaque", and was put there years ago as a morale boosting initiative by the company.

Rabble said:
Because, "Through These Doors Walk the Pilots Whose Daddy's Could Afford To Send Them To The World's Most Expensive Pay-To-Play Academies." Wouldn't fit.

What's wrong with families having wealth? That they may send their children to a school to learn a skill? Schools like Flight Safety who probably provide students with better skills than the local flying den? So their children can make a living to provide for themselves and their families? Let's hope we don't run out of rich people in this country. Those people who probably own companies that employ people, like pilots. Take it easy...

There is also a mirror above the signs... I believe the point of it to try and get people to look and act like professionals.

I'm not sure, but I believe every military squadron I was ever in had the same or similar motto in our ready room.
It is suppose to instill professionalism and pride in your unit ... that is all.

Traumahawk said:
Putting this outside the door of ANY regional airline is akin to putting the medical version outside a walk-in-clinic.
"THORUGH THESE DOORS WALK THE FINEST SURGEONS..."
I better not ever see that sign at a MED 7 clinic.

Junkflyer said:
That sign is supposed to be next to the Kool-Aid dispenser.

I understand everyone hates the regionals and blah blah blah.....but why cant a company be proud of their image.....I think it is kind of cool actually regardless of what anyone else thinks. Does that mean you are drinking the "kool aid"....NO! Just means that their pilot group is a proud one and maybe if the rest of the pilot groups were the same way, all the bitching would stop. And dont come back at me with all the normal crap about regionals lowering the bar and not being real pilots....if you dont like your job and arent proud....leave it, easy as that.

JECKEL said:
I'm not sure, but I believe every military squadron I was ever in had the same or similar motto in our ready room.
It is suppose to instill professionalism and pride in your unit ... that is all.

Nope, not in any of my old outfits (50 TAS, 16 SOS, 550 SOS, NATO AWACS). We didn't need a sign to tell us we were the best at kickin' a$$ and breaking things...

But those signs play right into the mentality of all the Hitler Youth at DCA with SJS who dream of a job with Comair and nowhere else...

Latest resources

Back