• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Yawning after flight=severe dizziness

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm wondering if I'm alone. I've been flying for 10 years and the last few (I'm 25) years, after descent or landing I'll yawn just because. Usually my ears might pop/equalize, and when this happens I instantly get very very dizzy and feel wierd pain and senses into my equilibrium and brain area for about 5 seconds. Does this happen to anyone else?

What to do? You don't want to tell an AME this one.

Hey bigfoot,

Did you ever figure out what it was? I actually have the same thing happen, well sort of. Usually during a descent of more than 2500 fpm I will yawn to clear my ears and have a slight rush of dizziness while the fluid seems to equalize itself. It only last a few seconds. It almost feels like when you been at the bar past last call and try to get up from the stool.

Anyway, I don't get it all the time, but more often than not it's when I haven;t slept well the night before.

I'll try to eat more iron as suggested above.

What part of "see your doc" do you not understand?

Little things treated early rarely cause a loss of medical. Little things untreated that become big things can cause a loss of medical, and can some really nasty side effect such as loss of income and loss of life.

Hey bigfoot,

Did you ever figure out what it was? I actually have the same thing happen, well sort of. Usually during a descent of more than 2500 fpm I will yawn to clear my ears and have a slight rush of dizziness while the fluid seems to equalize itself. It only last a few seconds. It almost feels like when you been at the bar past last call and try to get up from the stool.

Anyway, I don't get it all the time, but more often than not it's when I haven;t slept well the night before.

I'll try to eat more iron as suggested above.

No I still haven't been the doc. about it just yet. But I've had it happen for the last 8 years. You described it so perfectly. Like you are ******************** faced for about 3-4 seconds; well only in relation to balance.

Anyone else get this checked out or happen to them and have any ideas WTF?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back