• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"XTREME" Skydiving video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If he keeps that up, he'll end up winning a Darwin Award.

Wired, cabled or something...

The guy had to be cabled. I have done Mr Bills before where you hold onto someone and they open right out the door, before hitting terminal velocity, already wearing a rig, BTW. I just can't imagine being able to hold on during a 3 to 5 G opening...

That being said, the guy will die doing stuff like that one day, if he keeps at it long enough. Funny thing as an instructor, I could usually tell who was going to be around the sport a long time and who wasn't. I would bet money this guy doesn't last two more years.

Nice find! I have seen the pictures, but didn't know a video existed.

While we're posting links to videos like this does anyone have the link to the guy that glided in some kind of suit along a mountain range? I think he jumped from a helicopter.

Edit: I already found it searching but the link is no longer valid.

Last edited:
Wow, that first video really is something else. I could never do that. In fact, my biggest fear while skydiving is falling out of the rig. I check my leg and chest straps so many times before I exit the aircraft, I wonder if I'll wear them out.

I have better than 500 jumps, two cut aways, three base jumps off of the bridge in beckley wv, and I would never dream of getting out of my rig.

As far as the Britt that had the tampering, I don't know how that happened, but it has happened a few times that people have commited suicide while skydiving. The sport is pretty safe, all things considered.

If it was a suicide, I'm disapointed in him. If it was murder, the killer(s) need to be introduced into the justice system.

I was on the way down for annual sim training and as I was making my way to my airline gate to get ready for departure, I saw a skydiving buddy at the bar. I went over and said hi and met his friend, another skydiver. They were on their way down to Mexico to base jump that hole in the ground and they bought me a shot of Knob Creek and a tall Sam Adams. While we chatted they showed me video of their latest antenna jump. What a send off for me...I couldn't have asked for a better treat than to run into an old friend, meet a new friend, have a few brews with them and catch up on old times.

When I get back from sim training, we have our first functions of the year at the drop zone. A safety meeting followed by some jumping if the weather is nice. I hope the weather is real nice, cause I got asked to fly and I want the jumpers to hang around long enough so I can get my first jump of the year in.

Thanks for the memories guys!

Latest resources

Back