XOJET reports good......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Increased revenue is a good thing...

Not if your expenses are increasing faster. I could sell a million hours of charter a year if I only charged $200/hr., but if my costs are $1500/hr I wouldn't last long. I'm not saying this is whats happening at XOJet, only trying to make a point that increasing revenues really doesn't necessarily mean squat. That press release was just a positive way to spin something in an effort to seem stable so they can sell more and compete better.

No problem TK. I don't want to be confrontational or appear arrogant either. I was disappointed this article was posted in the first place"

I agree with you XR. I wish now I hadn't posted this article as well. My apologies guys. I thought some good news for someone in our industry was a breath of fresh air, but I know now I was wrong. I hope we all come out of this soon so we can enjoy the prosperity we once had.

Best Wishes,

WR :)

Last edited:
I agree with you XR. I wish now I hadn't posted this article as well. My apologies guys. I thought some good news for someone in our industry was a breath of fresh air, but I know now I was wrong. I hope we all come out of this soon so we can enjoy the prosperity we once had.

Best Wishes,

I didn't mean to rain on your parade, and I truly wish you guys at XOJet well. I was just trying to point out that it was just typical marketing B.S. Flops had tons of those types of press releases early on too, but what we found out in the long run was that unprofitable contracts were being sold to gain market share and attain some economy of scale. The whole time, management was painting a rosey picture for everyone. We've all seen what has happened here since.

Cutting back on your orders is going to mean that the discount that XOJ got on some aircraft will disapear if they don't live up to their contracts with the manufacturers. That is going to throw a wrench in the business model. Hopefully your management team will be able to adapt and overcome. Again, I wish you guys the best, and I know it is easy to get caught up in the hype at a new company, but I've been down this road before, and I know that things aren't always as they're pictured to be.

Best Wishes,

WR/X,

I don't take issue with you guys posting this article at all. I will personally give you two credit and a few "style" points for at least being forthcoming and acknowledging the basis of the article. We are all trying to "survive" this mess the best we can and XOJet is working hard to ensure their future.

Best Wishes,

As always, you are a class act WR. Hope you get to see the game tomorrow!

Hey WR, you shouldn't be sorry for posting the article. It is good to be proud of the company you work for. To the outside world it looks good. You guys are trying to do exactly what all fracs are doing, provide a solid image so that those who are spending money feel comfortable with where it is placed. Unfortunately, you are on the inside with the rest of us who see it as "spinning".

In the end it does not matter what we all think because we are not the ones spending the money, we are not the target audience, we just critique it and run away.

Enjoy the game.

If you all will remember, it was on another thread where the CEO said it was September when everything just stopped. In addition, The XO model is charter dependent which places them in different situations than say Net or Flex. I believe they offer a fixed payment to the owner who then almost becomes like a charterer themselves.
In short, they were growing no question, the question is today not yesterday.

Latest resources

Back