• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJET reports good......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find it funny that XOjet is the only one that has puts out info all the time. It is very easy to go from 1 plane to 2 planes and call it 100% growth. It is another thing to have 100 plus planes and grow at 100%. I am glad things are stable. But act like you been there before.

If everything is smelling rosey, then why did they Furlough/Fire pilots a while back?

If everything is smelling rosey, then why did they Furlough/Fire pilots a while back?

There is nothing rosy about this economy. While it's true year over year flying, and the customer base is up, we have nearly doubled the size of the fleet. The pilot force reduction was the result of several aircraft being moved into a reserve status.

The good news is we are gaining market share. The bad news is we are locked into continued massive fleet expansion in a shrinking market.

My guess is we will continue to gain market share, and will come out of the recession as a larger and stronger player. However, I doubt we'll see short term profitability.

What the heck do I know though? I just fly airplanes, and have no idea what's really going on.

I am not trying to be confrontational, a jerk, or disparage XOJet in any way, just curious where you found the facts to allow you to make this statement?

No problem TK. I don't want to be confrontational or appear arrogant either. I was disappointed this article was posted in the first place, and I tried to cut through the marketing by stating the negative in addition to the positive.

The Market Watch article on which this thread is based states that our year over year flying is up, and we have increased our number of customers. By all estimations, private aviation including corporate, charter and fractional flying is down. ( recent estimates I have seen are around 25-30 percent) So, if the market is shrinking, and we are expanding, we must be gaining market share. However, I did not say we are taking any customers away from any of the large fractionals or any other specific group for that matter.

"XOJET Reports Increases in Revenue, Flight Hours and Customers for 2008 Despite Weakened Economy

Last update: 9:51 a.m. EST Jan. 28, 2009
SAN CARLOS, Calif., Jan 28, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Even in the face of a recessionary economy, XOJET has maintained its momentum as one of the world's fastest growing private aviation companies, reporting strong year over year increases in revenue, flight hours and customers."

What the heck do I know though? I just fly airplanes, and have no idea what's really going on.

At least you understand your (our) position on the food chain. I really hope that things go well for you guys moving forward. I can't take anymore furlough news.

Latest resources

Back