• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Xojet - hybrid charter/fractional Citation Xs & King Airs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What may that big anouncement be. I may have an interview and I am trying to get any gouge. They told me with a citation X type rating I could upgrade in 3 months. Currently I am happily employed but upgrade is far off. Any more info is appreciated. Thank you

What may that big anouncement be. I may have an interview and I am trying to get any gouge. They told me with a citation X type rating I could upgrade in 3 months. Currently I am happily employed but upgrade is far off. Any more info is appreciated. Thank you

Keep in mind that the Part 135 world is vastly different from the 91 world if that is where you currently are. I would ask a lot of questions before you leap...

announcement...

Why don't you share with us this big announcement when it's made!

Last edited:
Investing your career in XOJet is like investing your money in stocks. You just don't know whats going to happen.

Ummmmm that has to be the worst business advice I've ever heard. If you think the stock market or any buisness is akin to throwing darts at a board then good luck to you.

Do research before you do anything..... anything.

Do yourself a favor and avoid the bottom-dweller FAR 135 world.. it's filled with 14 hour days, 8 day trips and lots of involuntary extensions, middle of the night changes, and crack of ass wake ups..

Swift is another similar bottom dweller that's always piggybacking on NetJets or FlightOps.. all crap, and nothing like the good FAR 91 work, much less a good 121.

You are really grouping all 135 jobs together. Having never worked 135, can I assume that it's a lot like 91 jobs in that it really depends on the company?

You are really grouping all 135 jobs together. Having never worked 135, can I assume that it's a lot like 91 jobs in that it really depends on the company?

The best it gets, a place list Swift Aviation is going to pay you anywhere from $50-$80K to fly Citation X, Legacy, etc.. on a 20/days month schedule with occasional involuntary extensions, no real vacation (not like the airlines do), and slim benefits package. And that's one of the best places in the 135 world..

The typical 135's are no schedule, with one or two guranteed days off a month, 1/2 the pay, and crappy old jets..

Either job, your married to a pager while on the road, and getting constant changes, some of which require herculean efforts to implement, and there is a constant nagging to "fly with it" with regards to maintenance issues, unlike the airlines where if you've got a write up, nobody gives you a hard time for writing it up, and so on..

I'd sooner work at McDonalds as a manager than work 135 again.

The best it gets, a place list Swift Aviation is going to pay you anywhere from $50-$80K to fly Citation X, Legacy, etc.. on a 20/days month schedule with occasional involuntary extensions, no real vacation (not like the airlines do), and slim benefits package. And that's one of the best places in the 135 world..

The typical 135's are no schedule, with one or two guranteed days off a month, 1/2 the pay, and crappy old jets..

Either job, your married to a pager while on the road, and getting constant changes, some of which require herculean efforts to implement, and there is a constant nagging to "fly with it" with regards to maintenance issues, unlike the airlines where if you've got a write up, nobody gives you a hard time for writing it up, and so on..

I'd sooner work at McDonalds as a manager than work 135 again.

You one of the guys that was let go a few months back?

You one of the guys that was let go a few months back?

No I resigned 2 years ago and took a better job.. the turn over there even in the massve downturn with no jobs to find was amazing, does that tell you anything? It's not just Swift however, it's 135 in general.

Latest resources

Back