Xojet - Citation X & King Air 200 Operator at MCC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

I just read about this charter/fractional hybrid in Aviation International News and I was wondering if anyone had any specifics on the operation. Note www.xojet.com. Specifically:

1. Do you need a Citation X type to get hired onto the X?

2. Are crews qualified in more than one aircraft (e.g., King Air and Premier jet)?

3. What is the rough starting salary for a newhire in the X, Premier and King Air?

4. Typical QOL - days off per month, likely hours per month, RONs

5. Is McClellan in California the only pilot base? Are further bases planned?

6. Lastly, what are the best and worst aspects of this operation from a pilot's perspective?

Sorry about the laundry list of questions. It sounds like an interesting concept and Xojet appears to be flying the aircraft quite hard... Six Citation Xs each flying 1,100 hours annually according to the article. Also sounds like the five King Airs are Pro Line 21 equipped as well - that's nice... The article also mentioned that an East Coast base equipped with King Airs and more Premier Jets might be opened soon.

Any more details would be appreciated - PMs are welcome.

Last edited:
Here's the latest I've heard.

1. X type definately given preference as they need a few guys left seat qualified asap.

2. X to start and then possible cross train in the one other type. I believe they have a Falcon 900 also.

3. 90k once online as x captain. Don't have a clue as to the others.

4. 14 days on 7 off.

5. MCC is where they need guys now but, they have aircraft based in DFW? and somewhere in DE for tax reasons.

6. Haven't really talked to any of the x guys. Only a king air guy and he wasn't much help. I believe they are going through the typical growing pains due to thier rapid expansion for whatever thats worth. I looked into them recently and decided against persuing it any further.

Chief Pilot is Bill Cox, I believe.

Sorry the details are so vague but, that's all the dirt I have.

Best of luck,

FH

Here's the latest I've heard.

1. X type definately given preference as they need a few guys left seat qualified asap.

2. X to start and then possible cross train in the one other type. I believe they have a Falcon 900 also.

3. 90k once online as x captain. Don't have a clue as to the others.

4. 14 days on 7 off.

5. MCC is where they need guys now but, they have aircraft based in DFW? and somewhere in DE for tax reasons.

6. Haven't really talked to any of the x guys. Only a king air guy and he wasn't much help. I believe they are going through the typical growing pains due to thier rapid expansion for whatever thats worth. I looked into them recently and decided against persuing it any further.

Chief Pilot is Bill Cox, I believe.

Sorry the details are so vague but, that's all the dirt I have.

Best of luck,

FH

Appreciate that info. Sounds like typical growing pains but definite growth planned on both the West and East Coasts... Anyone else have specifics?

Never heard of Bill Cox...no such employee here. PM me for contact info.

No aircraft based in DFW.

East coast base is ILG...gauranteed hanger, xojet mechanic on site, cheap fuel.

Schedule is 50 days of availability per quarter. Pick the days you want to work, make it work with your team (4-7 pilots per airplane) and get paid for the days you are on the schedule. The more you want to work, the more you can make. It's a new way of building a schedule, tweaking may be necessary to make it work, but once we've got our recent new hires online, I think it'll work.

Haven't heard much about cross training. The king air pilots all seem to fly both the 200 and 350, some fly the premier too. Beechjet pilots and Citation X pilots are all far too busy flying those airplanes to fly anything else.

All in all, great place to work.

Hope that helps.

His name is Dave Cox.......Ask any Independence Air/ACA pilot about him.

Good luck with that guy? He's the one that screwed the pooch with the "great" CRJ program at ACA. Anything that guy touches turns to &#*@!!!!!!

xojet

I think you are right. My friend over there says it's going downhill quick. More like 3 pilots per plane and its just a 135 outfit. Your days off aren't really your days off, if you know what I mean. They have had many pilots quit, and they lowered the pay and work conditions. All in all, it doesn't sound like a good place. After talking with my friend, I ruled out even applying.

Good luck!

xojet

new hires are in training now to bring staffing to 4.5 pilots per plane, and the schedule is getting revised to allow us to keep more of our days off. patience is a virtue.

xojet

new hires are in training now to bring staffing to 4.5 pilots per plane, and the schedule is getting revised to allow us to keep more of our days off. patience is a virtue.

Then why did you write "7 pilots per plane" in an earlier post? It sounds like you are filled with bad info...!!!

XOJet

Take it easy buddy! I meant to write 4-7 pilots PER TEAM, not per aircraft. 4.5 per aircraft is accurate. I apologize for any angst i may have caused you!!!

Hey T-bone, your not based in Wilmington, DE (KILG) are you? Heard they may shut that base down!!!!

Dave Cox, What a great leader!!!!!

Latest resources

Back