• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XM satellite radio on board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have used my Roady2 in the airplane for over a year now. I really love it...it has worked as far north as Calgary and as far south as Puerto Rico and Mexico City. Really helps keep me awake at the odd hours.

I powered it with 6AA that was good for about 5 hours of life with the back light turned off on it. Sometimes I had reception issues but I would just move the antenna around till it worked.

The nice benefit of carrying my XM stuff was when we got a rent car I could hook it up in there and I was good to go on radio. I mainly listen to Alt. rock and harder rock so 48 Squizz on XM is where I stick to.

Wanked

I want to buy a boom box for the house, a protable unit I can use in the plane and car as well as listen to whenever I want. I am new to this, can someone tell me what usit would be best, and what boombox would be best? I am trying to keep it under 200. It appears that the "plug and play" units have to be plugged into something. Thus, I can not plug them into the audio pannel, or use them while jogging (not that I do that or anything).

Last edited:
So I went to look at the new portable sirius that is aroud 350 dollars (stelleto), and yous till have to buy a car kit, 75 bucks, and a home kit for 69 bucks. That is alot of money. I was under the impression that the older units could be used in the plane, how have you guys been doing this? The stelleto has only been out 4 weeks, and people claim to have been usingthe older unit in the plane for quite some time.

Latest resources

Back