• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT's "big annoucement"!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seeing that you are a former military pilot, you might not know the history of Continental Airlines and Continental Express. Do some searches and you'll find some interesting information. BTW, as far as scope goes, don't relax any. The ERJ's should've been at CAL in the first place. We should still be flying turboprops, we all wouldn't be in the mess we're in now. Fly safe!

michael707767, you need a better "fatkid" avatar. Mine is a little better but I also need a better avatar

tell me, since almost no small jet pilots fly aircraft under their own code, what would your scope say?
Delta negotiated with SkyWest during the asset purchase agreement that ASA would perform no less than 80% of the Connection flying out of ATL. That is a start.

All CO Express flying performed by COEX is another idea.

What a crappy union lets one MEC negotiate "bargaining credits" for stripping another MEC of its flying and sending that flying out to the lowest bidder.

I don't have the CO numbers, but ALPA's E&FA department gave Delta and their MEC numbers for the savings that could be extracted from ASA and Comair pilots, both through RFP bidding and by negotiating pay rates for Delta pilots on phantom airplanes similar to those operated at DL Connection. ALPA not only is responsible for the race to the bottom, they think it benefits part of their membership.

I gotta go git back on the plantation Masa' and work my RJ so you in the big house can eat your suppa....

Better yet, you could become a (ehem) succesful legacy carrier like this one:
Big difference in the fact that most of those airplanes are back flying the friendly skies. How many airplanes is FLYI filling the airways with?

By the way Bosley how many 400's is SWA flying these days?

Big difference in the fact that most of those airplanes are back flying the friendly skies. How many airplanes is FLYI filling the airways with?

By the way Bosley how many 400's is SWA flying these days?

You are a little off. Not all of them are back in the "friendly skies". Yo-nited sold a high number of their 400's after 9/11. Thai Airways got a smoking deal a few of them. UAE got 2 of them as well.

Delta negotiated with SkyWest during the asset purchase agreement that ASA would perform no less than 80% of the Connection flying out of ATL. That is a start...

the ASA pilots still are not promised anything. The agreement between Delta and Skywest has nothing to do with the pilots. Further, if Skywest wanted to shift even more flying to the Skywest side, do you think Delta would have any heartburn with it? If the Skywest deal said the ASA pilots would perform no less than 80% of DCI flying in ATL you would have something.

Nah, the E-3 looks better without the cheeks and chin. Handles better without em too.

The E-3 handles the best without a load of Goats in the back!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back