• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kngarthur

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/061108/airlines_expressjet_earns.html?.v=1

Reuters
ExpressJet profit slip on expenses, lags view
Wednesday November 8, 7:57 am ET
NEW YORK (Reuters) - ExpressJet Holdings Inc. (NYSE:XJT - News), which provides regional service for Continental Airlines (NYSE:CAL - News), posted a lower-than-expected net profit on Wednesday, hurt by higher expenses.
[SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]
if (window.yzq_a == null) document.write("");if (window.yzq_a){yzq_a('p', 'P=RC4KAthtfJDCQeNURU8MEgRjGCHoSkVSu9sADY1N&T=1e7v8de5e%2fX%3d1163049947%2fE%3d54387792%2fR%3dfin%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d1.1%2fW%3d8%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d1263324018%2fH%3dY29udGVudD0iY2FyZWVyIiBjb2JyYW5kPSI8YSBocmVmPWh0dHA6Ly91cy5yZC55YWhvby5jb20vZmluYW5jZS9uZXdzL3JldXRlcnMvU0lHPTEwcDF1OWJpMC8qaHR0cDovL3d3dy5yZXV0ZXJzLmNvbS8.PGltZyBib3JkZXI9MCBzcmM9aHR0cDovL3VzLm5ld3MyLnlpbWcuY29tL3VzLnlpbWcuY29tL3AvZmkvcHIvNDQzMTEuZ2lmIGFsdD1SZXV0ZXJzPjwvYT4iIGNhY2hlaGludD0iNTQzODc3OTIiIGNhY2hlaGludD0iNTQzODc3OTIi%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d8B7C6DD8');yzq_a('a', '&U=13a4uc2po%2fN%3dDlKNDNibyhA-%2fC%3d534594.9465601.10196240.1522738%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d4014071');}
b
The feeder airline said net profit fell 11 percent to $22.7 million, or 38 cents per share, from $25.5 million, or 43 cents per share, a year earlier.
Wall Street analysts, on average, were expecting 42 cents per share, according to Reuters Estimates.
Last May, ExpressJet said it would hold on to 69 regional jets after Continental canceled a capacity purchase agreement. That decision left the company searching for new business ventures for the planes.
ExpressJet said it would add five of those freed up aircraft to its Corporate Aviation business, bringing the fleet in that unit up to 15.
Operating revenue rose 8.8 percent to $428.6 million, helped by fuller planes. Load factor, the measure of how full flights are, rose 1.5 points to 78.1 percent.
Operating margin fell to 8.1 percent from 9.6 percent. The company rebated $2.6 million back to Continental to meet its contractual operating margin of 10 percent.
It said it also incurred additional costs related to its diversification, back-office infrastructure and headquarters relocation.
(Additional reporting by Christopher Kaufman)

Hi toolbox, I'll bite on the obvious flamebait just for the sake of making you look like the horsesass that you are. Our management didn't really say a whole lot to the Wall Street folks other than charter flying was looking way better than expected, and that offshore flying with a 50 seater was not going to work givin the current marketplace. With that said our CEO also said that we are going to pursue BRANDED flying for ourselves in the first to second quarter of 2007. This means that there is a very real possibility that the "jetlink kids" are going to be flying for their own airline and not just be a contractor to some major.

So kngarthur, I ask you this, is your employer doing anything to insulate you from the lousy business of being a feeder to some major airline?? Probably not since the reverend is so smitten with being the lowest cost provider of 70 seat airframes to the bankrupt majors. All to soon you will be too expensive for the masters under which you serve. When that happens are you willing to give up your pay or work rules to fly your mighty EMB-170's.....I would like to think the answer is no, but I'm not so sure that is the case.

At the end of the day we are all just whores to the major who's colors we fly under, but there should be some parity amongst all of the contractors when it comes to just how little we will do this job for. I have all the respect in the world for the Trans States guys, they had a sh#Tsandwich rammed down their throats, yet they didn't cave in. That is a true sign that there is still hope for the regionals.................

Operating revenue rose 8.8 percent to $428.6 million, helped by fuller planes. Load factor, the measure of how full flights are, rose 1.5 points to 78.1 percent.

I didn't know that XJT gets paid based on the number of passengers. I thought everybody was per departure.

The company rebated $2.6 million back to Continental to meet its contractual operating margin of 10 percent

XJT made so much money they had to give money back to CAL under their agreement. The expenses the article makes so much hype about were relocation expenses related to moving thier HQ and the money they're spending on infrastructure for their branded flying operation.

What a jerk.

Good luck to you guys. It seems like everyone is stuck in their own version of an RFP hell. SkyWest, MESA and Chautauqua guys are not immune to this market force forever. We are all in this together - or at least until ALPA figures out that small jet pilots need equal access to scope.

What a jerk.

Good luck to you guys. It seems like everyone is stuck in their own version of an RFP hell. SkyWest, MESA and Chautauqua guys are not immune to this market force forever. We are all in this together - or at least until ALPA figures out that small jet pilots need equal access to scope.

tell me, since almost no small jet pilots fly aircraft under their own code, what would your scope say?

Latest resources

Back