• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT to replace AirWis?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't XJT under contract with CO that doesn't allow XJT to fly for anyother carrier but either XJT or CO. The truth is that I'm sure Air Wisconsin will keep their flying. It's only UAL trying to flex their muscles to lower their cost with Air Wisconsin and please their mainline unions to show everyone is doing their part.

Mesa Fan Club said:
Isn't XJT under contract with CO that doesn't allow XJT to fly for anyother carrier but either XJT or CO.

Short answer: No. Longer answer: the capacity purchase agreement (CPA) only allows XJT to provide exclusive small jet feed for CAL until a certain date or it is renegotiated.

I don't feel as confident that Wisconsin is going to keep the UAL flying as I did a few weeks ago.

With all this talk about the "transition team" that United moved into ORD to "transition" to the new carrier, and Wisconsin starting their own "transition team"....doesn't sound good.

I wonder if they have a transition team in IAD as well.

EMB170Pilot said:
Cant Air Wisky fix the ramping situation in ORD :)

Hooking your ACARS up should help you guys out with some of these problems. Hope you all keep the flying.

Capt. Caucasian said:
Short answer: No. Longer answer: the capacity purchase agreement (CPA) only allows XJT to provide exclusive small jet feed for CAL until a certain date or it is renegotiated.

Not entirely correct. We can only provide feed to CAL using the a/c they lease to us and cannot compete with them in and out of the hubs, but we could legaly get other financing and fly into ORD or IAD. There is nothing preventing that situation in the CPA.

BE99chick said:
I wonder if they have a transition team in IAD as well.

No need for one there. The Transition team you are hearing about is for the ground handling at ORD. Not necessarily the flight portion of our contract. At IAD ground handling is done by Delta Global Circus and I think their contract is longer than ZW's for ORD (it expires in September). I too was originally confident that we would keep our flying but after riding around in a CHQ E170 (nice ride) and learning how little they make I am dubious that UAL has any reason to keep us...

I'm with Steve on this one. I have no interest in AirWis flying. They're a strong pilot group who have done well for themselves and the rest of us. I would hate to think that my pilot group gained by putting those guys on the street.

I hope this rumor is untrue.

mckpickle said:
Not entirely correct. We can only provide feed to CAL using the a/c they lease to us and cannot compete with them in and out of the hubs, but we could legaly get other financing and fly into ORD or IAD. There is nothing preventing that situation in the CPA.

That's what I said. Clear as mud, huh?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back