• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT to fly 60 airplanes for UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's not true. The CPA states that should XJT provide a better rate for another major carrier that those rates would also be given to CAL.

who says xjt mgmt wont give in and give CAL the same deal they give UAL if it means securing a better financial future?

Whydoitdry -

Good point, I forgot about that.

However I think CAL is done dealing with XJT no matter what the offer is. At least with the current CAL management in charge.

I thought it was 205 airplanes. Post CAL/UAL merger and then CPA cancelled in 2012. So where is the press release???? Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Guys, do you really think UAL would give flying to XJT under the circumstances that XJT is under now. No way, it's a big risk. If UAL and XJT were in talks, I think UAL would wait to see what happens with the possible Skywest buyout and if that didn't happen, the solvency of XJT.

Every airline is in talks with UAL... there is an RFP out for 60 aircraft. That said, the general speculation is that it was for replacing Mesa flying, and with the delta decision out there, good luck with that one.

I hear a lot about this RFP, but haven't read anything official. Until then it's just another rumor like this entire thread.

when we're all old and retired we'll get to sit down with our grandchildren and tell them about the early days of aviation, when mainline flew domestically.

Latest resources

Back