Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blah, blah, blah.......

We've heard all this before, "Commutair guys suck", "XJT guys are mean to us."

I am a bit taken back though by someone publicly criticizing the efforts of another pilot groups attempt to better their (all of our) situation. It is most troubling coming from someone who belongs to a union hostile pilot group whose own pay and benefits are hardly desirable.

I may take issue with some of the folks I come in contact with from various groups however you would never catch me dead knocking down their attempt to improve their situation. Anyway just my thoughts on this $hit. BTW, it seems to be only you CLE diks that continue this back and forth between our pilot groups. Every time I have a CA guy riding with us I find them to be friendly and professional. I have also never had any bad experienced moving through CLE.( which happens all the time to EWR crews)

It all seems a bit counter productive to me.

Last edited:
Hey, time2spare, what part of "I'm not dissing their informational picketing" don't you understand? Great, let them do it, I don't care. I was merely commenting on the fact that they look like total reerees when they make their turns.

Yes, ATRCA, it IS counterproductive. However, what else is there to do in a $hithole like CLE? Go to Burger King? Nah, the Russian Mafia that works there is kinda creepy for me. Go to the bagel/ hotdog shop? Guess not, not enough seating. Bitch about other pilots? Sure. It's free, wastes lots of time and makes you even more bitter at the end of a long day of working for a company that is doing its' best not to grow or provide any sort of future for the pilot group.
I mean really.

burrito said:
Hey, time2spare, what part of "I'm not dissing their informational picketing" don't you understand? Great, let them do it, I don't care. I was merely commenting on the fact that they look like total reerees when they make their turns.

Y
Classic no nothing moron. And you wonder why we think all you guys are tools.

Classic no nothing moron. And you wonder why we think all you guys are tools.
Oh, so is THAT the reason why you guys never acknowledge us while walking through the terminal? All this time I thought it was just because you didn't want to be seen consorting with us SCABS (in reference to the welcome note which was scribbled on our crew room door).

The other day while taxiing abeam spot 4 in CLE, my FO got the middle finger from one of your FOs. Had a good chuckle at that one.

How does that USA Today ad read again? "We Are Professional Pilots"

Yes, every company has bad apples, but I know of not one person at CommutAir who would resort to the above actions.

BEECH-SLAPPED said:
Yes, every company has bad apples, but I know of not one person at CommutAir who would resort to the above actions.

How DID that ALPA vote turn out?

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

How DID that ALPA vote turn out?

Don't kid yourself, Ben. You guys treated us like dirt LONG before the ALPA vote happened. I was involved in the organizing process, so I can say that it just wasn't done very well. It was my first experience with unions, so that's my excuse. However, ALPA did a terrible job of explaining the benefits of representation. They could have talked about several positive aspects of having a union, but no.......Mark L. told a roomful of senior captains that if we voted ALPA in, we might be able to get a flow-through to ExpressJet! :eek: Not something you should say to people who were flying the line while you were still peeing your pants in kindergarten.

Also, the constant nudging, poking, and prodding from the XJT pilot group to vote for the union was getting tiresome. After awhile, it made people wonder what was in it for you guys. The answer was obvious. You didn't care if we negotiated industry-leading 1900 pay (you were already rid of yours). You just wanted to control our growth and wanted some assurance that we wouldn't take "your" flying if you struck (which we wouldn't do anyway). Everyone saw through your motives and was just fed up with it all. At the end of the day, it was OUR company and OUR decision. I hope you guys get what you want, but if it's not Comair + 29, it won't be our fault.

BEECH-SLAPPED said:
The other day while taxiing abeam spot 4 in CLE, my FO got the middle finger from one of your FOs. Had a good chuckle at that one.

Beech,

I find this nearly impossible to believe, but if it happened, I am appalled by this action....clearly not professional. I think I speak for the majority of XJT pilots in saying that we have nothing against Commutair guys - it was our company that decided not to fly turboprops anymore, and some of us did get jobs while being furloughed from XJT on your 1900s, so I for one appreciate you guys. As far at the ALPA thing goes, while I'm sure your points are valid about ALPA not making a very good argument, I think you guys really missed the boat in not joining.

The bottom line is this - we are all in this fight against the "race to the bottom" as predicated by the Mesa's etc, and I'm sure ALPAs interest in having you come on board was to prevent CAL from whipsawing you vs. us vs. Skywest vs. Gulfstream vs. whoever. Unfortunately, we are now left to fight amongst ourselves for the scraps that CAL throws us.

Good luck to us and to you - please do not let a few bitter XJT guys influence how we work together - I wish you the best of luck.

Steve
IAH FO

BEECH-SLAPPED said:
Mark L. told a roomful of senior captains that if we voted ALPA in, we might be able to get a flow-through to ExpressJet! :eek: Not something you should say to people who were flying the line while you were still peeing your pants in kindergarten.
Wow, let's see. Mark is 40. Ah, nevermind. Those kinds of comments piss me off though. "I walked uphill, with no shoes on, yada yada." Get a life dude. I can almost guarantee that whatever was heard by you was taken out of context. I don't disagree the campaign could have been run better, but the paranoia on your side was frightening.

Sam

Beechslapped,

You certainly are one bitter sob!

Burrito,

From one of those 'tools' who was picketing in CLE and doing the things a professional pilots has to do sometimes....

GO F*CK YOURSELF!!!

BTW, have you ever considered just admitting what you are. I know it's hard in this testorne filled profession, but if you amuse yourself by watching the feet and rhythm of male pilots, perhaps it's time to tell Mom the 'secret' you've been fighting since puberty. Don't worry I'm sure there are many gay fa's that would love to let you be the pitcher.

To the rest of the CA pilot group. Hope you have a nice day! We all work the same sh!t job for the same sh!t pay. It's too bad we both have that 5% that due to sexual frustration presumably tries to create bad blood that shouldn't be there. I will continue to tip my head you're direction whenever our trails pass. Long ago when I was a lowely Shorts FO in PLB, you guys we're very polite towards me so I always aim to return the courtesy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back