Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TheBigH

FA love u long time ...
Considering XJT (not by choice, recently laid off) and live a few hrs from EWR, can anyone give me the gist of how reserve is going there, is it 2 or 3 hr callout ? how long to bid the 12 hr callout? how long before get a line ? etc ...

Any insight would be appreciated

Good luck holding EWR as a new hire. The last bid shrunk EWR by 15%. Good news is we are opening IAD and it is junior. The only saving grace to being a new hire is if there arent any bid's going on(which could fill the base with more senior people) and the company needs a few guys in EWR for whatever reason, they will put new hires into the base while more senior people are stuck in their base until a bid comes up or they are able to trade. So you MAY luck out and get EWR, but I wouldnt count on it. I would bet that you would be able to get IAD.

2 hour call out. Start times depend on base, but usually have 3am, 6am, 9am. There are noon and even 6pm call out times, but I havent seen them in the bid pack in a long time. 10% of the reserve lines are 12 hour call out so usually not to many 12 hour call lines. Holding a relief line could be quick, could not be, depends if movement continues, which I think it will.

Good luck holding EWR as a new hire.

Incorrect...the last 3 classes had several new hires get EWR. The last class, in particular, had 8 go to EWR. But, I do agree, you should be able to get IAD should that be a better option for you.

Get ready to be spanked repeatedly by the goons in College Park. (There is no college there.)

Can someone from XJT answer a few questions.

1. What is the Junior base?
2. What is approx 1'st year pay?
3. How many days off on res? How bad is res? I know res sucks but is it commutable?
4. About how long on res? I know that is a dynamic number?
Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks,

Latest resources

Back