XJT Pilots...help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alchemy said:
As a potential furloughee, I'll walk before I vote yes for concessions.
Agreed. This really is the vibe you get from everyone at XJT. I'll go back to CFI work (or back to get my Master's) before I'll become, or join Mesa.

Being as honest as I can...

I do not think concessions would pass at XJT. Our current contract fell way short of everyone's expectations. It simply passed because we realized that we would not be able to do any better with the state of the industry and the NMB factored in. Add to that that many of us paid thousands in lost wages by getting furloughed or displaced by the flowback. So, with this in mind, many of us feel like we already gave at the office.

Furloughs: Probably, but not as many as people might think. I do believe that XJT WILL find business for some of those 69 airframes. The question is how many.

Upgrades: The last of the PIGS (PFT guys) goes over in April. CAL has already stated that they are cutting back on hiring for the summer. We are not far away from taking delivery of our last plane. This means that upgrades will slow. I just can't say by how much. My personal guess would then be a 2-2.5 year upgrade, ONLY if there are no furloughs. If we furlough and displace, your guess is as good as mine.

Being honest, I can't say what I would do if I had a class date here, as well as somewhere else. XJT is a class act, and our Mgt treats us very well. I think starting here now would be a roll of the dice, but then again, this would apply to anywhere in the post 9/11 environment.

Regardless, good luck to everyone.

Those that state XJT is PFT do not have the current info. Current classes have no training contract nor do they spend a dime for thier training. A $1400.00 per diem check is about the closest form of payment though...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back