• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT Pilots...help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've met a few of their pilots while on some of my cargo runs, there are a bunch of guys jumping ship to cal and sw right now. Looks like the upgrade times are going to be pretty close to advertised if not better. Either way 18mos is still better than 3-5 yrs. I'm pretty much looking at what will give me the 1500 PIC turbine the quickest.

Windsor said:
I've met a few of their pilots while on some of my cargo runs, there are a bunch of guys jumping ship to cal and sw right now. Looks like the upgrade times are going to be pretty close to advertised if not better. Either way 18mos is still better than 3-5 yrs. I'm pretty much looking at what will give me the 1500 PIC turbine the quickest.

Then it sounds like a no brainerr. Just curious, is it jet equipment, or atleast something heavy enought to get a type rating in? The more writing you have on your certificate to back up the turbine PIC, the better off you will be.

All jets, Falcons, Lears ect....pay isnt that hot, but the more u fly the more u make. its still better than the $19,600 that I'd be guarantee'd at XJT. Kids I buy my happy meals from at McDonalds do better than that ;)

Unless you personally know people there who have upgraded in that time span, they may just be blowing smoke to get you there.

I personally know someone who was awarded IAH CA on the last bid after just under two years and is going to training in May... ME.

Sure upgrade is a bit longer, but the company is really cool

Let's see if you are still saying that in 6-12 months. I hope you are. Working for a "cool" company will not pay the bills. In the long run, unles you are happy as a regional FO for the foreseeable future, you need to get PIC time ASAP. All that SIC will do you no good except to get your totals higher. If I were an FO (or even a junior CA) at XJT, I would be looking for other options.

Also I agree, do not over-estimate any pilot group. I believe concessions would pass at XJT, although not by a wide margin.

Me also. I will see you there. two years two months from DOH exactly two years from getting on line.

Windsor, And where do you think you are going to go with 1500 PIC? I left Ameriflight where tons of guys had 3000 hrs PIC turbine and were not going anywhere. At Xjet we have hundreds of guys wanting Southwest with thousands of hours of 121 jet crew pic and they are not going anywhere.

Live your life now and don't sell your soul for something that MIGHT happen down the line. If the age 60 rule changes and Southwest stops hiring for 5 years, will you be happy flying for a charter operation? ALways on call, no schedule, questionable mx. NO LIFE? Make sure to get a realistic understanding of the operation before you make you choice.

chuychanga said:
I personally know someone who was awarded IAH CA on the last bid after just under two years and is going to training in May... ME.

Me too. My neighbor is a G3XX going in May. Say what you want, but our QOL, equipment and management are top notch. I couldn't imagine being treated better by any other regional out there today.

Secret Squirrel said:
Me also. I will see you there. two years two months from DOH exactly two years from getting on line.

Windsor, And where do you think you are going to go with 1500 PIC? I left Ameriflight where tons of guys had 3000 hrs PIC turbine and were not going anywhere. At Xjet we have hundreds of guys wanting Southwest with thousands of hours of 121 jet crew pic and they are not going anywhere.

Live your life now and don't sell your soul for something that MIGHT happen down the line. If the age 60 rule changes and Southwest stops hiring for 5 years, will you be happy flying for a charter operation? ALways on call, no schedule, questionable mx. NO LIFE? Make sure to get a realistic understanding of the operation before you make you choice.

I live the life now, it fits my lifestyle just fine. Getting the chance to get PIC Jet time is a step up from the t-prop time i'm getting now. It beats racking up thousands of pointless right seat hours that will probably happen at a regional. The way I see it, this is the fastest route to my career goals.

Melon said:
Also I agree, do not over-estimate any pilot group. I believe concessions would pass at XJT, although not by a wide margin.

That obviously shows you know very little about the pilot group. All of the people that would be furloughed can't vote and although there would be people going back to the left seat quite a few people are proud-enough that they work for a company that doesn't undercut and play "MESA" that they would still vote no.

It also depends on the concessions - would guys loose 35 cents on the hour to say a CA??? YES, would guys take a Comair chop and drop??? NO.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back