• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT pilot TV interview about TSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
28 yrs old, bald, mouth breather. All he needs is a mustache and he can be ALPA's new president.

The point to make here is that screening the pilots is a waste of time past the FBI background check. The first thing we sit down in front of in every jet I've ever flown is a freaking crash axe. That is more lethal than just about anything I could think of carrying through a magnetometer.

They claim that we have access to sensitive areas or that they need to screen us so that they can be sure that we're not terrorists in disguise. Well, look at my godam badge and make up your mind because I don't need to carry anything through security. Therefore, patting me down, looking at my nekid schlong on a monitor, etc, is a waste of time......unless you just like nekid schlongs.

Also, I passed through one of those body scanners once and while I waited on the other side I was able to see the pictures that they were taking of people. There isn't anything modest about it. I, for one, don't see why my mother needs to be looked at underneath her clothes by some knuckle dragging moron who probably failed out of Fry Cook School at Mcdonald's.

This is a bridge too far and we (not just pilots) need to push back. The TSA is getting out of control. I see the issue of body scans as less of a security measure than it is some company that makes the machines selling things to a bureaucracy that is trying to grow itself as quickly as possible in order to stay relevant.

The fact is, Bin Laden won. The more of our liberties that are eroded, the higher the terrorist's victory flag is flown.

What I don't get is why would we as pilots or even an imposter pilot dressed in full uniform with a fake ID carry something through on their person when we are still allowed to bring large containers of liquids and such through in our roller bags when they are still scanned the same way.

The point to make here is that screening the pilots is a waste of time past the FBI background check. The first thing we sit down in front of in every jet I've ever flown is a freaking crash axe. That is more lethal than just about anything I could think of carrying through a magnetometer.

They claim that we have access to sensitive areas or that they need to screen us so that they can be sure that we're not terrorists in disguise. Well, look at my godam badge and make up your mind because I don't need to carry anything through security. Therefore, patting me down, looking at my nekid schlong on a monitor, etc, is a waste of time......unless you just like nekid schlongs.

Also, I passed through one of those body scanners once and while I waited on the other side I was able to see the pictures that they were taking of people. There isn't anything modest about it. I, for one, don't see why my mother needs to be looked at underneath her clothes by some knuckle dragging moron who probably failed out of Fry Cook School at Mcdonald's.

This is a bridge too far and we (not just pilots) need to push back. The TSA is getting out of control. I see the issue of body scans as less of a security measure than it is some company that makes the machines selling things to a bureaucracy that is trying to grow itself as quickly as possible in order to stay relevant.

The fact is, Bin Laden won. The more of our liberties that are eroded, the higher the terrorist's victory flag is flown.

I think it's easy to make fun of the TSA and they deserve it because most are idiots on power trips but the problem is that TSA will get flak as if they're not doing their job because the fact of the matter is 99.99 percent of the time, nothing will come of anything they're doing. But that doesn't matter to them because they're job is for that .01 percent of the time something does happen and most of us will rarely see that. I'd be careful about special pilot treatment at the lines, we have A LOT of access to an airplane, including the most vulnerable portion witch is in flight. 99.9999 percent of the time there's no worry but at least with a crash axe one might be able to see it coming, you can't see a home made shank going straight for your throat. Just go through it and get it over with, it could be a lot worse without it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back