Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT management at the negotiation table requests.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everybody must keep in mind that Management is going for the lowest cost contract that will pass 50%+1 vote. If they improved QOL issues (zero cost), offered the ASA side $1/hr more and then slashed the XJT B-Fund, who knows??? I do know that I cared less about Retirement when I was in my 20's. Its hard to say what 51% of our pilot group that management is targeting, but it looks like they are going after the junior votes.

Everybody must keep in mind that Management is going for the lowest cost contract that will pass 50%+1 vote. If they improved QOL issues (zero cost), offered the ASA side $1/hr more and then slashed the XJT B-Fund, who knows??? I do know that I cared less about Retirement when I was in my 20's. Its hard to say what 51% of our pilot group that management is targeting, but it looks like they are going after the junior votes.

I'm not saying give it away for nothing, but why any individual would place any value in a company-funded pension in today's world is beyond me.

How many companies have to fraudulently underfund, or outright steal from, a "promised" pension fund before everybody on the planet realizes they aren't worth squat? At the very least, convert the contributions into something that YOU control, something that isn't one bankruptcy away from becoming fairy dust.

Candler Crawl! Bring this ol' b%tch to her knees! Delta and United will love it when their wide bodies are burning fuel waiting on their rjs.

Just do YOUR job, no favors, no calling for crap, don't pick up open time (hard not to do but ya gotta stop it for now), do not fly unsafe airplanes, hungary go eat, FA hungary let em go eat, go inside to do No2, etc etc

No arguments but since when is it normal ops to poop in the lav?

I'm not saying give it away for nothing, but why any individual would place any value in a company-funded pension in today's world is beyond me.

How many companies have to fraudulently underfund, or outright steal from, a "promised" pension fund before everybody on the planet realizes they aren't worth squat? At the very least, convert the contributions into something that YOU control, something that isn't one bankruptcy away from becoming fairy dust.

A B-fund is the perfect pilot investment vehicle. I don't know why any pilot wouldn't want one, since the money gets deposited in an account they control. You must have it confused with an A-fund, which was the traditional pension.

At the very least, convert the contributions into something that YOU control, something that isn't one bankruptcy away from becoming fairy dust.

The B-fund is controlled by us. It's a company contribution into my 401k account. They can't touch it after it's in. Are you thinking about an A-fund? I agree with you on that, then.

And this is what I'm afraid of. Would ASA pilots vote for a TA that is better than their current contract but still and industry concessionary contract? If they get rid of our b fund and not adjust the pay rates by the corresponding percentage, it will be a concession for us XJT pilots.

Keep in mind that this is one of the items (health benefits and scope being the others) Skywest pilots hitched their wagon on, making it harder for us to keep it, much less improve it.

It is something we have complete control over. Or at least as much control we have over our 401k accounts. The way it works for us is that we get matching funds in our 401k and then on top of that we get a company contribution into the same 401k account even if you don't contribute anything or get any matching funds.

The reason this came about is that the company didn't want to make the 2004 contract pay rates look high. So the made the rates lower and made up for it by giving us back that compensation in the form of the company making a contribution into our 401k regardless of whether you participated. They were just trying to hide the real pay rates.

Last edited:
The B-fund is controlled by us. It's a company contribution into my 401k account. They can't touch it after it's in. Are you thinking about an A-fund? I agree with you on that, then.
Sorry, you're right, I had it confused with an A-fund. (Perhaps it should just be called, "401k contribution" then).

The reason this came about is that the company didn't want to make the 2004 contract pay rates look high. So the made the rates lower and made up for it by giving us back that compensation in the form of the company making a contribution into our 401k regardless of whether you participated. They were just trying to hide the real pay rates.

Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering why you wouldn't rather just have the pay, since it's all coming out of the same pot in management's eyes.

Latest resources

Back