XJT limitations, profiles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Slipstream,

Welcome to the funny farm and congrats on your recent accomplishments at XJET. You are truly lucky to be joining one of the few regionals left that are not in the race to the bottom. I'm certain you will find your time at ExpressJet both exciting and rewarding. Now for your post.....don't knock yourself out now. Really. You will have plenty of time in class to learn what you need to know, and our instructors and training department are going to go overboard to get you through. If you want to be successful here, this is what I recommend:

1. Show up everyday with a good attitude knowing that you ARE lucky to be here.

2. Study your a$$ off from what they tell you in class.

3. Have fun! Training is a stressful event for all pilots, however, being excited to learn (rather than fearful) will enhance your training event.

4. Repeat #1 - Have a good attitude and you will have NO problems.

Relax, Man. I know you want to prepare in advance, but in many cases, studying the wrong material may hurt you more than help you. What they are going to teach you is neither rocket science, nor particularly hard. Just lots of volume in a short amount of time. Pay attention in class, take good notes, ask a few questions, and you'll come out smelling like a rose.

PM me if you have any specific questions!

T2S
XJT IAH CA

They stopped giving the limitaions in the new hire folder for a reason. Spend your time learning your flows. If you can show up knowing your flows like the back of your hand, your training will be much easier...

Again, heartfelt thanks for being so supportive, if you folks are this way online and your morale at the pilot group is so admirable (which means a lot and was a prime factor for me in choosing XJT.

I'll take all your advice and hope to meet some or all of you in person some day soon.

Again, heartfelt thanks for being so supportive, if you folks are this way online and your morale at the pilot group is so admirable (which means a lot and was a prime factor for me in choosing XJT.

I'll take all your advice and hope to meet some or all of you in person some day soon.

Learn the flows and show up with a good attitude and you are set. Relax and Have fun.

:beer: See Ya On The Line:beer:

Also, be sure to drink everynight!!! We don't like people that eat, sleep, and drink flying. Just playing, but just show up ready to learn and have a couple beers by the pool. The H.I. on weekends...well everynight can be pretty fun. Thanks for pushing me farther and farther away from ARC!

Can somebody do me a huge favor and tell me exactly which Holiday Inn we're staying at? Any decent, cheap food to be had near by? Hoping to reserve a fridge and microwave too but don't even know what number to call or which hotel. Don't think I'll bring a car down right away so don't wanna be at the mercy of their restaurant every day.

The wonderful, 5-star H.I. North, on JFK Blvd. Truly a fabulous place to stay. Rooms and amenities are second-to-none. Friendly, helpful staff always available to cater to your every want and need. And the food....Bon appetite my friend, I challenge you to find any better on the planet. It truly is so incredilbe, you probably won't ever leave!!! :D :laugh:

box

P.S.- Definitely could be worse!!

Get yourself on the waiting list for a fridge right away.....or just find one sitting in the hall and grab it. As for a microwave, no deal.....they won't let you have them in the rooms. Good Eats isn't that bad, and there are a few places you can walk to. Good luck and have fun down there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back