• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT limitations, profiles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can do whatever you want on the weekends, and they will positive space you home if you fill out a travel request form. What's to eat around the Holiday Inn? Kettle, Subway, Jack in the Box, and Taco Bell are all within a mile. The hotel van will take you to deerbrook mall where you can find the typical food court selections. Enough people will probably have cars, so you can all ride together to decent restaurants .

I call shotgun on any fridges and contraband microwaves I see, amigos! Anyone know when they let you know about your base assignments? I figure I'll wait until I hear from them, if I get Houston then I'll fly home one weekend and drive back, if I get Newark or Cleveland then forget it, no point driving a car all the way from Illinois.

Also I assume it's basically business casual during training, polo or long sleeves and khakhis or slacks?

As for going home, I imagine I'll try to do that early on before we get deep into systems or sim training.

I call shotgun on any fridges and contraband microwaves I see, amigos! Anyone know when they let you know about your base assignments? I figure I'll wait until I hear from them, if I get Houston then I'll fly home one weekend and drive back, if I get Newark or Cleveland then forget it, no point driving a car all the way from Illinois.

Also I assume it's basically business casual during training, polo or long sleeves and khakhis or slacks?

As for going home, I imagine I'll try to do that early on before we get deep into systems or sim training.

B-Casual during training. Just a shirt with a collar, jeans are okay Friday-Sunday or after 5PM.

Go home often, a room-mate and the moldy air inside the hotel gets to you after the week plus if you're going to be a commuter enjoy the positive space and must ride status while you have it! There is nothing like remembering when you could bump revenue when you're sitting in EWR trying to get home the day before Christmas. Systems and what not is not too tough, but I didn't go home durring the one 2 day break we had in SIMs.

Try to drink or do whatever you do to relax whenever you don't have to be studying - it will help. Form a small study group with people that know whats going on because you'll be suprised who shows up to class with no idea of what they are dooing.

I went through initial more than a year and a half ago but I think I remember us taking a frige out of one of the maid's closets a few doors down from a stairwell so we wouldn't have to wait for a fridge. Soon after some (read: too many) Katria evacuees (dirty ghetto people with no class) showed up and made the hotel a very undesirable place to be, unless you like the smell of weed smoke and malt liquor.

If you show up and work hard you'll be okay.

Last edited:
Anyone out there willing to share some basics on the ERJ 145 so I can memorize the limitations and profiles before I show up for training after Thanksgiving? They gave us a study guide and some flows to memorize but no limitations.

This would particularly work out if you live in the Chicagoland area. PM me if you can offer any help,

Thanks

Just learn to drink that is all you need to do to pass training. Thats all I did and made it thru with flying colors.

Anyone know if we're supposed to know just the single FMS flows of the dual FMS or both? And of course I've been memorizing the captain's flows as well because in sim training I assume you'd be assigned the left seat while your partner's in the right...

Anyone know if we're supposed to know just the single FMS flows of the dual FMS or both? And of course I've been memorizing the captain's flows as well because in sim training I assume you'd be assigned the left seat while your partner's in the right...

Not much different in the flows for dual or single FMS's. Depending on the sim you are in depends on whether there are 1 or 2 in it. Also know the Captain flows so you can help your partner out. After training you can pretty much brain dump the captain flows. You will be left seat while your partner is flying. have fun

What are you worried about unless you are an idiot you will pass training as they make sure of it.

What are you worried about unless you are an idiot you will pass training as they make sure of it.

Not true, seems like there is something like 2 people per class who dont make it. That was the case in my class also.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back