XJT interview on Thursday (Nov 3)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyingBuckI

Got the call from Jamie last week! I've been studying systems, gouges, getting my BG info together, watching the jepp training dvd, reading checklist for success, and making sure my logbooks are up to snuff.

Any other recommendations? I'm pretty nervous, but I think once I'm done studying I'll relax a bit. I don't want to leave anything out!!

Tailwinds-
FB

here's a recommendation: calm down. sounds like you're well prepared. your knowledge will show up just fine, just relax enough to let your personality do the same!

Yeah really, just be courteous, neat, and have the paperwork in order and exactly how the sheet described it. Better to be overly prepared with the paperwork, especially the stapled part and the resume's. Be prepared for a long day, too. I brought like some breakfast bars or something and stuffed them in my bag. Anyways, have a good time, and good luck.

Nick

Anyone else this happen to??

Ok, I got a call from xjet last week asking me for an updated resume. They gave me my reference number which I printed on the top of my resume. They gave me the 281 number and I staight away ran and got my resume out to them. I have 975TT and 101 Multi (before anyone starts, I know it's still low time, but people with lower have been hired - please lets leave the arguments for and against for another post (PLEASE)). I'm also a current flight instructor.

Ok, I got an email a night ago, saying "Thanks, but no thanks" pretty much. Now, is that normal? Should I still fax them my resume on that fax number once I get 1000TT and then again at 1100TT etc etc...... Or do I have to reapply online?? I'm a little confused.

Anyone else have a similar experience??

BritishGuy said:
Ok, I got a call from xjet last week asking me for an updated resume. They gave me my reference number which I printed on the top of my resume. They gave me the 281 number and I staight away ran and got my resume out to them. I have 975TT and 101 Multi (before anyone starts, I know it's still low time, but people with lower have been hired - please lets leave the arguments for and against for another post (PLEASE)). I'm also a current flight instructor.

Ok, I got an email a night ago, saying "Thanks, but no thanks" pretty much. Now, is that normal? Should I still fax them my resume on that fax number once I get 1000TT and then again at 1100TT etc etc...... Or do I have to reapply online?? I'm a little confused.

Anyone else have a similar experience??

Sorry to hear about your "thanks but no thanks". I think they call up a number of people as they work their way down the list of resumes and since it's been a while ask for updated resumes since it's probably been months since the initial submission. Then they decide which ones they want to bring in for the interview and the others get the "thanks for your interest in Express Jet" email. Apply again, and do not update it. Updating will send your application right to the end of the line again. Apply again online, wait ( I know that sucks), and send in your fax when they call and ask you for it next time. Good luck to you, it's a good place to be at.

Since there is no sim ride it is paperwork and charm that gets you through. Judgiing from one of our captains they hired I'm sure the paperwork is the key.

Thanks for the replies. I'm sure I'll be ok if it's true that "it's my job to lose." XJT is definitely where I want to end up in the near future. I'm definitely looking forward to the experience if nothing else.

Good luck!

FlyingBuckI said:
Thanks for the replies. I'm sure I'll be ok if it's true that "it's my job to lose." XJT is definitely where I want to end up in the near future. I'm definitely looking forward to the experience if nothing else.

Good luck man! I don't know if I would suggest going in there with the attitude this is yours to lose, in all reality, A LOT of people have been interviewing and haven't got the job. I interviewed there two months ago with a fellow co-worker we both got the "please reapply in 3", and I have known several people this year who have interviewed there and haven't got the job, most of them were top notch people. I know XJT is a great company to work for since I do know a few who work there and love it. Although many people may agree with me their hiring process isn't the best I've seen. Anyway I had a great time at my interview there, everyone was very professional, and I had no complaints. I wish you the best of luck though, I don't mean to dampen your spirit! I'm sure you'll do well, keep us posted!

Latest resources

Back