Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT interview Email but no phone followup?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know Xjet is supposed to be a great regional, I wasnt impressed with the HR/interview process at all though. I to got the email with a list of dates. Replied same day and didnt hear anything as the weeks went by. About a month later I received an email with flight confirmation and interview info, 36 hours before the fact! I replied with a thanks but no thanks due to another job offer. How hard is it too make a phone call to invite people to interviews? Didnt give me a good vibe about the company at all.

yep, not an efficient recruiting department, but there are 5000 more guys waiting by the phone who dont care

How hard is it too make a phone call to invite people to interviews? Didnt give me a good vibe about the company at all.
I can see your point, but try to see it from the other side. They are hiring like mad. I'm over 800 deep after 16 months of employment. Its got them overwhelmed. What other airline has hired 800+ pilots in the last 18 months and has a smoother hiring process?

I can see your point, but try to see it from the other side. They are hiring like mad. I'm over 800 deep after 16 months of employment.

Good for them, but if they can't handle the workload they need to increase the size of the HR staff. It's ridiculous to give someone a day and a half notice to travel across the country for an interview. Email communication is great and all, but they have to keep in mind that if the applicant is currently employed elsewhere, they're probably not sitting in front of their computers waiting for every email that comes in.....it may be days or a week or more before they can check it.

I am not suprised to be reading this. The HR dept is down to one person! Patience is the key right now at XJT. Staffing will be lean all summer!

Latest resources

Back