• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT flying for United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmmm, XJT pilots are paid more than both ASA and SkyWest pilots. I would think that the management group from XJT found some other way of convincing the Delta management that XJT could be an asset to their operation..... Simply put, there is a lot more to cost than just pilot salaries......

Yep, pretty much. At the end of the day, it's a management decision. As much as we like to think we run the airline, all that crap happens above our pay grade. Whether we like it or not.

I've had THREE DelCon bases close on me. Even though our aircraft was better suited to most of the routes, each time the flying was replaced by an airline with a higher paying pilot contract and a more expensive aircraft to operate.

At the end of the day, it's not "our" flying as far as being a regional pilot goes. It's main line's, they just decide who they want to do it for them, often against their own pilot's wishes in many cases.

XJT snaked ASA out of LAX. ASA was in the process of getting a base established at LAX and XJT went to DAL and offered to do the LAX flying for less than ASA. (No RFP by DAL) DAL in all of their loyalty took XJT up on their undercut offer to save a nickel and screwed all of those ASA crews out of a west coast hub. XJT can kiss my a$$.

Keep eating the mushrooms! As the previous poster said it is not our flying. Everyone is getting jerked around at the regional level.Last time I checked our airline is paid pretty well compared to most. Congrats to ASA on their new contract! I didn't take a pay cut to get Delta Connection flying. A$$hole!

Cheers,
S
Ex Waterskier Current Jetlinker

Last edited:
www.mesahub.com one of the guys says that todays Mesa MEC update is announcing Mesa is pulling out of IAD and losing all the UAL flying.

I just read the email and it does not say that. It refrences the X-Jet planes coming to assume the flying that we cant staff. We are waiting for the company response to our contract proposal. That should be soon and if the company rejects our proposal good luck staffing the place. Full blown section 6.

Hmmmm, XJT pilots are paid more than both ASA and SkyWest pilots. I would think that the management group from XJT found some other way of convincing the Delta management that XJT could be an asset to their operation..... Simply put, there is a lot more to cost than just pilot salaries......

mmm...not sure about this. Friend of mine at XJet, same seat, same longevity...i made more last year with my bonuses etc.

mmm...not sure about this. Friend of mine at XJet, same seat, same longevity...i made more last year with my bonuses etc.

mmm...If that is the case i would be willing to bet your "friend" had more days off then you did?

Sorry, I'm guessing you are SkyWest? If not, then kindly disregard the following.

But yep, I've heard that SkyWest guys can do pretty well with those pseudo "work rules" that they have.

However, imagine how much more impressive it would sound, as well as how much more bragging rights you would have if SkyWest pilots ACTUALLY got paid decent rate when operating the 70/90 seat aircraft.

All other things equal, if the total pay credit was the same for any given month, an XJET guy (50 seat equipment) would make pretty much the SAME amount as a SkyWest guy that spent the entire month flying 70-90 seat equipment.

It's a beautiful thing isn't it? Someone can thump their chest that they are carrying more people around for 0% more hourly rate than a 50 seat pilot does.

with more and more guys on reserve and not breaking guarantee, the BHO is looking more and more like a pile of crap

Latest resources

Back