• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT First Officer Roberts = Hero of Life

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think he may of been planning to leave the business anyway and wanted his 15 mins of fame just like the Jetblue flight attendant.

I think he may of been planning to leave the business anyway and wanted his 15 mins of fame just like the Jetblue flight attendant.

Doubt it. This guy needs our support. Screw the TSA.

Can't agree more that this TSA garbage has to stop. Having Flight Crews go through this level of scrutiny is just a pointless show.

But the level of radiation has never been really determined from these scanners, and if you're going through these things 3-4 times a week it could seriously reduce your life span.

I'll go with private pat down, I think if everybody did it after a while things will change.

If Al-Quida really wants something in the secure area all they have to do is get somebody with a green card to work in the food court and they bypass security with a bomb anyway.

The TSA is a multiple billion dollar joke that I hate and pay for.

Can't agree more that this TSA garbage has to stop. Having Flight Crews go through this level of scrutiny is just a pointless show.

But the level of radiation has never been really determined from these scanners, and if you're going through these things 3-4 times a week it could seriously reduce your life span.

I'll go with private pat down, I think if everybody did it after a while things will change.

If Al-Quida really wants something in the secure area all they have to do is get somebody with a green card to work in the food court and they bypass security with a bomb anyway.

Yep! And now you see why many people don't want the governments hand in our healthcare system! Anything thats run by the government is pretty much a money suckin' joke!

Wait a minute. Pilots are not super human and with clean records just because were pilots. All we have to do is a 10 year general background check to have access to a cockpit. It's not like we do the Delta psychotic test or a military background check. Just because we wear a monkey suit at the airport doesn't mean we are above being searched. Someone will always abuse a loophole, next thing you know we'll have another Fedex style attempted takeover in flight.

By the way, as far as radiation, if you didn't know it already, you as a pilot are already getting more radiation by flying at altitude than doing a couple of xrays a week at the doctors office.

Last edited:
By the way, as far as radiation, if you didn't know it already, you as a pilot are already getting more radiation by flying at altitude than doing a couple of xrays a week at the doctors office.

Yes, we ALL know it. And we didn't have to go to riddle to learn it either.

So let me make sure I understand. We are already getting the equivalent of 100 chest X-rays per year what's another 100?....300? Who knows?

Is that really your argument?

Wait a minute. Pilots are not super human and with clean records just because were pilots. All we have to do is a 10 year general background check to have access to a cockpit. It's not like we do the Delta psychotic test or a military background check. Just because we wear a monkey suit at the airport doesn't mean we are above being searched. Someone will always abuse a loophole, next thing you know we'll have another Fedex style attempted takeover in flight.

I'm not saying that all pilots have a clean record, or that there maybe some that shouldn't be flying. My point is that why go through the puppet dance when the pilot is the guidance system of a 40 ton missle and has a crash axe behind his seat and a 12 guage flare gun?

Plus the manufactor of the scanners originally reported the the level of radiation much higher than what the TSA does. Still not lethal but much higher. Why risk it?

No scanners, and private screening, I don't care how late I am. If every airline pilot insisted on this, the policy would be changed by the end of the day.

If some third world jihadist with a green card can bypass security to work in the food court, what's the point?

Nobody wants to say it, but, PROFILING!

Any screening that the TSA can do can not stop a Fedex style takeover. Why go thru the hassle of carrying a hammer when you can use the crash axe?

We've got thousands of research subjects who've done dozens of years exposed to airplane background radiation and are pretty certain of it's effects.
These TSA scanners that were invented last year................not so much.
Lipitor, Crestor, Celebrex, Vytorin, Vioxx, Effoxor, Ambien, etc...................All rushed to market and signed off as safe by the same people who say the new scanners are harmless. Now all recalled/facing class action suits. Feel free to be a guinea pig, not me.

Yep! And now you see why many people don't want the governments hand in our healthcare system! Anything thats run by the government is pretty much a money suckin' joke!

yup. This country needs a few more 'blackwaters' and less DOD. Those Marines!

Latest resources

Back