• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT FA jumpseat now available to offline pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not the case on our UAX flights. Our ORD chief has said that United told us nobody is allowed to use this seat based on how our contract set up... I'm guessing they just want to collect more non-rev fees from the employees.

Sorry, you are correct. No one gets to use the FA JS on UAX, let's hope CAL ops wins out after the merger.

Just a question...

If I were to jumpseat on the 145, and I ended up in the F/A jumpseat on a full flight, wouldn't that make me the 51st passenger, which would in turn require 2 flight attendants, the second of which would be required to sit in the jumpseat I was just assigned? I am not trying to bash the new policy. It will make commuting a lot easier for a lot of people. I just am unclear on the legality of it.

FWIW--this has been debated ad naseaum on this site over and over again. The j/s is NOT a revenue seat and therefore it does NOT count on the "pax" load. I'm not jumping on you, Mini, just trying to head off this debate before it starts. Cheers! And thanks, XJT for stepping up their game!

Between the last row of seats and the bulkhead in front of the lav. Slides behind the double seat row. It's a total magic trick to extend/stow it. When it's out, it creates a 5 abreast row of seating in the last row.

Small point of correction--4 abreast seating. 18A (aisle) 18 C/D.

I'm slightly confused, and maybe because it's late.

In keeping with ExpressJet’s position of being a leader in the regional airline industry, effective immediately ExpressJet Airlines will now offer the FA jumpseat to all OAL pilots in accordance with the following hierarchy:

· Assigned FA if required to have two flight attendants on board

When would you be required to have 2 FAs on board of a 50 seat RJ? If the aircraft has 51 passenger seats, then the 2nd FA is always required to be on board, regardless of the load. I just don't see the point of "if required to have two flight attendants on board".

Like I said, it's late, so go easy on me if I'm wrong.
:uzi: :eek:

Small point of correction--4 abreast seating. 18A (aisle) 18 C/D.

Good catch, you made it to post #11. Did you make it to posts #13 and #14 in the thread?

Sorry for the "extra" posts that answered other answers!

Does that mean my booboo was already caught and now you're catching your own?

I'm slightly confused, and maybe because it's late.

When would you be required to have 2 FAs on board of a 50 seat RJ? If the aircraft has 51 passenger seats, then the 2nd FA is always required to be on board, regardless of the load. I just don't see the point of "if required to have two flight attendants on board".

Like I said, it's late, so go easy on me if I'm wrong.
:uzi: :eek:

I don't remember EXACTLY when that language was written. But it was after XJT started charter ops. I believe there have been times on the charter sdie, due to "customer request" there have been two FA's.

Last edited:
Few days ago I tried to get home using XJT. The way the loads looked it was going to come down to being able to sit in the 2nd F/A jumpseat. It was
UAX flight and the capt wasn't sure if UA allowed the 2nd F/A jumpseat to be used so he made some calls. The current UAX policy is that no one can sit in the 2nd F/A jumpseat, but they are currently working with United to get the seat available and hope to get it done soon.

Latest resources

Back