XJT and CommutAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

planejockey

would this be a good match if they were to merge? It would give XJT a new airframe in the Q200 and possible option to pick up a Q400. It would would give Commutair some movement. Just curious what everyone thinks will be a good future for XJT.

Don't think so...I would like to have the option to fly the Q again. The Q400s will only go to Colgan, I think.

Eric Pogo

would this be a good match if they were to merge? It would give XJT a new airframe in the Q200 and possible option to pick up a Q400. It would would give Commutair some movement. Just curious what everyone thinks will be a good future for XJT.

I've thought about it before. Seems like it could be a smart move. I have no idea what Commutair's numbers are like (aren't they privately held)?
Perhaps there has been an offer we don't even know about.

Is CommutAir looking to merge with somebody?

Since the Qs are in demand, that merger would put Commutair pilots in the drivers seat with regards to seniority list merger. They should go ahead since there frames are the ones that are in demand at the moment.

Since the Qs are in demand, that merger would put Commutair pilots in the drivers seat with regards to seniority list merger. They should go ahead since there frames are the ones that are in demand at the moment.
No. No. No. Do you work in the airline industry? Demand for airframes does not have anything to do with seniority integration.

There or their? Fair or Fare? Learn how to spell.

Yeah, I know...Flamebait.

Eric Pogo

I think XJT has more pilots on furlough than CA has pilots? I don't see it happening. The Q200 will not see greater demand going forward.

I think XJT has more pilots on furlough than CA has pilots? I don't see it happening. The Q200 will not see greater demand going forward.

Maybe they could send the Q200s back to Bomberdier and get them stretched to Q400s? Then they would be in great demand and at a fraction of buying a new Q400!

Latest resources

Back