Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mysteryofflight

um.. #3 isn't starting
Put in my stuff to XJET last week in the "current" 121 section. Anyone know if this is actually a chance at a preferential interview or just another game to give false hope? How long is it taking to get "the call" my furlough time bomb is ticking away....

A week is too long!!??!! May I suggest a couple of deep breaths and a couple of nice cold beers. I dont think any hiring department does anything within a week.

Best of Luck and remember........RELAX

They were really slow to respond to me last summer. By the time I got the call I was a month into ground school at another company. I reapplied recently and haven't heard anything either.

Mysteryofflight said:
Put in my stuff to XJET last week in the "current" 121 section. Anyone know if this is actually a chance at a preferential interview or just another game to give false hope? How long is it taking to get "the call" my furlough time bomb is ticking away....

Yeah, its just a game to give false hope. Its a fun little thing they do down there in IAH. Get real, there are lots of applicants and you will be called when they get to you.

DrewBlows said:
They were really slow to respond to me last summer. By the time I got the call I was a month into ground school at another company. I reapplied recently and haven't heard anything either.

It took them over 3 months to call me. I had already found something by then. Everywhere else was, at worst, a 2 week call.

I sent my stuff in in April/early May and got the call on Oct. 7th for an interview on the 13th and got hired for the December 5th class. So it can take quite some time (half a year in my case).

To put things in perspective, it's taking a little less than a year from initial application to class date at FedEx.

Patience, young Sky-walker.

Anyone get the call from the preferential application? ( the one under current or furloughed 121 ) I've heard it takes on avg 1 week to get the call from there....

it took them just under a week to get back to me a few months ago after clicking the 121 link. but i had an app in with them for almost a year and never heard from them, even though i fly the same plane they do.

mmmm....

Mystery,

Perhaps calculus grades really do matter.....In that case, I guess I won't be getting called either.

-Keith:laugh:

Latest resources

Back