• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Xjet Buying Regionsair!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I forgot, CB is the guy with all the money!!! WOW, so getting a crappy wage from Regions and abused by scheduling, management and the whole pilot group, for what is it now?? 5-6 years?? All this is a HOBBY for you!! Thanks for your enlightment, you probably get paid less at regions than 75% of the people in this forum, Yet you still gotta BIG mouth!!! I'm not suprised I think thats your nickname at the company.....Anyway keep talking trash, cause thats all that comes out of your mouth CB.....Hobby my A$$

i manage to only work about 9 months a year, so yeah it's a hobby. i offer no appologies about that.

I don't know that RJ's ruined the industry, but the have not helped. Greedy management and people that fly them for too little bank are a bigger problem!

To make what a Pan Am Flight Engineer made in the mid '70's you would have to be making more than $500,000/year now with inflation factored in...Probably be close to $800K/yr for a senior CA.

Think about that for a while...and think about how wonderful your replacement jet job is...

for less than I make 2nd year pay on my barbie jet.

Before you get too full of yourself, you guys have a payscale for $52k as an FO? 'Cause that's what I made my first year at a desk. It's not the most by any means, but decent first year compensation at a non-union company. This concept of being compensated for your time seems to be lost on the Regional Airlines. Go ALPA!

CopilotDoug said:
Before you get too full of yourself, you guys have a payscale for $52k as an FO? 'Cause that's what I made my first year at a desk.

You're comparing a regional airline FO position with a desk job? That's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison there, friend. Mind if I ask what you were doing?

I'll never take anything away from the professional, hard-working 3C crews that I know bust their ass on a daily basis...but I'm also not going to accept somebody getting holier-than-thou on me because of where I went to school or the airplane that I happen to fly.

What a shame...mentioning a joke in 2003 has evolved into this...:rolleyes:

You're comparing a regional airline FO position with a desk job? That's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison there, friend.
I can more than appreciate that, since this particular position did not require the years of training and studying my flying did. It was a support position for an aircraft broker. Some days I was sales, other days I was customer service, or bills collection, or engine records man, etc., etc., etc.

or the airplane that I happen to fly.

It's not the plane people are b*tching about, it's the money you're leaving on the table when you fly it

And the planes you are flying are garbage. If it isn't Boeing or Douglas, it's garbage...

Wow...

Yeah...I think it's an all new record for me. I brought that thread to a screeching halt pretty quickly:D

Latest resources

Back