• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJET (ASA) New Hire class in April

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In a couple of years, ASA (if it exists) will be in a world of Hurt trying to lure pilots to work here. They have created a horrible work environment.

They will throw up their arms and say "what happened.....I thought we had synergy.......SYNERGY!....... And stuff......mini Indy and performance plus and all stars....why don't people wanna come here?"

What regional airline doest have a "horrible" work environment?

And by horrible Im guessing you're on the 200. 700/900 work environment is far from horrible, even on reserve.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A700/900 work environment is far from horrible, even on reserve.

Pssh. 5 and 6 day trips (from April to Aug last year), "off" days that exist only at the whim of scheduling, and 4+ years on reserve is horrible, no matter what equipment you're doing it in. It's still a Poop Sandwich, just the lunchbox is prettier.

Pssh. 5 and 6 day trips (from April to Aug last year), "off" days that exist only at the whim of scheduling, and 4+ years on reserve is horrible, no matter what equipment you're doing it in. It's still a Poop Sandwich, just the lunchbox is prettier.

I know what you mean. I was on reserve for 3 years on the 700/900. For me, a 5 day reserve trip on 700/900 went alot faster than these 20+ leg 4 days on the 200. As soon as I can hold any kind of a line on the 700/900 in ATL Im bidding back

Negative, we aren't owned by Legacy carrier and have long term contracts in place. Now American Eagle is in a very strong position to be the next Comair

Good point, we're not owned by a legacy. We're owned by a holdings company that owns multiple regional carriers. So it's actually WORSE than being owned by legacy. Instead of the legacy telling the wholly owned how high to jump and when, the legacy gets to the tell the holdings company, which in turn gets to tell which regional airline they see fit when to jump, and how high. So it kinda makes the specific airline the b1tch that is twice removed.

When you compare the overseas pay to here, absolutely cant blame them. I can more than triple my 105 credit take home by going to Qatar or EK.

So with all the money you make at 105 credit hours, why don't you just go buy your own ATP, GTFO, and go to Qatar or EK ASAP so you can stop you're b1tching?

When we all get the free ATP, we'll all meet the last req that holds most of us from interviewing over there

Well, unless Ek decides to set down a minimum MGTOW that may exceed a -900's just to apply again.

Last edited:
Good point, we're not owned by a legacy. We're owned by a holdings company that owns multiple regional carriers. So it's actually WORSE than being owned by legacy. Instead of the legacy telling the wholly owned how high to jump and when, the legacy gets to the tell the holdings company, which in turn gets to tell which regional airline they see fit when to jump, and how high. So it kinda makes the specific airline the b1tch that is twice removed.

So with all the money you make at 105 credit hours, why don't you just go buy your own ATP, GTFO, and go to Qatar or EK ASAP so you can stop you're b1tching?

Well, unless Ek decides to set down a minimum MGTOW that may exceed a -900's just to apply again.

You make absolutely no sense

Help me with my math here. I have been a bidding reserve now for 53 months. I get 11 guaranteed days off a month. Say a line holder has a conservative average of 14 days off a month. 53 X 3 = 159. 159 / 7 = 22 weeks.

That is 22 weeks that so far I have been unable to plan something with my wife, attend kids games, schedule appointments, or drink cold beverage. Moreover my wife cannot plan any type of social event with anybody without first saying "we will see, He's on call that night.

One could say "well why don't you change base, equip, or seat then". Well I suppose that is a possibility but the next guy junior to me will have the same damn problem. I am not looking out for his welfare btw, I'm just restating the obvious that reserve DOES SUCK at ASA period!

Help me with my math here. I have been a bidding reserve now for 53 months. I get 11 guaranteed days off a month. Say a line holder has a conservative average of 14 days off a month. 53 X 3 = 159. 159 / 7 = 22 weeks.

That is 22 weeks that so far I have been unable to plan something with my wife, attend kids games, schedule appointments, or drink cold beverage. Moreover my wife cannot plan any type of social event with anybody without first saying "we will see, He's on call that night.

One could say "well why don't you change base, equip, or seat then". Well I suppose that is a possibility but the next guy junior to me will have the same damn problem. I am not looking out for his welfare btw, I'm just restating the obvious that reserve DOES SUCK at ASA period!

Don't forget to add the difference in pay between 75 hrs average for you and a 90 hour lineholder average.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back