XJ to NWA flow-new thread without the crap

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xjhawk

I was just reading the brief rundown by our union on the flow to NWA. It has the pros and cons which take into account the NWA pilots, NWA and XJ growth. Its benifits can be rewarded to those who want the flow and the ones who do not, seem to get what they want by staying at XJ. My question is this. The line that says a pilot must meet NWA hiring mins. What are those? Is it a hours minimum? Four year degree? etc. Can anyone enlighten me on this.

Oh and by the way, it seems this is a great example of two MEC's working together and taking into account the company's needs for growth. The pilots who are scared of a huge flow back should not be worried, that provision that says only the number which flowed up can flow down, thats amazing that is in there. Oh and I can see how this will be a great incentive for XJ hiring.

From the NWA website:

Northwest Airlines Pilot Hiring Update

Northwest Airlines is not currently hiring pilots or accepting resumes/applications at this time.
Furlough/Recall Update (as of June 30, 2007)
There are currently 385 pilots on furlough (and we anticipate recalling pilots through the end of 2007).
Hiring Update (as of June 30, 2007)
We anticipate a potential New Hire Class in the next 6-12 months.
NWA Human Resources/Flight Operations are reviewing the pilot hiring processes and pilot hiring minimums/qualifications at this time. For monthly updates, please watch this website.

You're right XJ, it seems that the protections for those who want to stay and those who want to go have been pretty well thought out...I'm curious too though about "minimums" and "requirements"...it seems that in actuality this is more of a preferential hiring agreement...the only thing I can see that differs from being hired "off the street" is that there's no interview? Is that what you guys are reading as well?

No Crap?

How can we have any conversation about Northwest and leave out the crap? That place is the crappiest of all crappy airlines that have ever crapped their way out of crapville. Northwest puts the very stink in crap itself......

-Crap, Crap!

The pilots who are scared of a huge flow back should not be worried, that provision that says only the number which flowed up can flow down, thats amazing that is in there.

Wow. Kudos to the NWA MEC for negotiating such a fair agreement. Hopefully this will become the foundation for other MECs to build their own flowthroughs or family scope upon.

Wow. Kudos to the NWA MEC for negotiating such a fair agreement. Hopefully this will become the foundation for other MECs to build their own flowthroughs or family scope upon.

I think I am going to tear up..... this is so great.... Never mind that the whole Compass agreement set everyone back........... Never mind that the NWA scope language specifically excluded Mesaba and PCL from getting growth.... Kumbaya....Kumbaya.....

The problems still exists people....Two tiers of flying with multiple parties competing for said flying.... That problems hasn't been solved...... Quit high 5ing each other and get back to work......

The pilots who are scared of a huge flow back should not be worried, that provision that says only the number which flowed up can flow down, thats amazing that is in there.

Except that after a number of years have passed and hundreds of pilots "flowed up" to mainline. Now you have several hundred "flow backs" to displace most of your captains.

The only fair way to meter flow up/flow back is to only allow flow back into available vacancies so nobody gets displaced. After all nobody from XJ will ever displace anyone at Mainline. Why should the reverse ever happen?

Why does a "flow up" go to the bottom, while a "flow back" goes to the top? Double standard?

I don't mind going to the bottom, as long as there is a "quid pro".....they should go to the bottom also.....

I think I am going to tear up..... this is so great.... Never mind that the whole Compass agreement set everyone back........... Never mind that the NWA scope language specifically excluded Mesaba and PCL from getting growth.... Kumbaya....Kumbaya.....

The current MEC wasn't responsible for those actions. In fact, the current MEC Vice-Chair and EVP for NWA was the guy out there telling people to vote no when he was the Council 20 (DTW) Captain Rep. Don't blame the current MEC for the sins of the last.

The problems still exists people....Two tiers of flying with multiple parties competing for said flying.... That problems hasn't been solved...... Quit high 5ing each other and get back to work......

Everything doesn't happen all at once, Joe. One step at a time. This is a step in the right direction, it's not the end of the journey.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back