XJ to get 17 CRJ200's from 9E

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Double eeewwwww.

The FA's will soon vote to operate DC-9 replacements at regionals rates. They may choose the mainline over the regionals.

yes the pay rates are better at the majors, gee thats why everyone wants to go there. Oh and the chance to fly bigger planes....which means more pay again.

Sounds logical to me. Then why don't you offer to fly the DC-9's for NWA at $123/hr), which is $1/hr less than NWA pilots...but substantially more than you're getting to fly the Saab?

Wouldja?

You said it yourself..."pay rates are better" and "bigger planes".

Maybe you wouldn't, because you recognize the problem with crapping in your new condo before you move into it. But (Honesty Caps on tight, kids!) do you think other pilots might do it?

Oh and the lack of the whipsaw.

Huh? The scenario I just laid-out for you is a whipsaw! Pressure from any quarter is pressure. When management has the leverage, the pressure becomes inexorable and they get the changes they want. When I got hired in '88, the Scope limit on the Airlinks was 70-seats. Almost 20-years later it's a bit higher. The changes that got us here didn't happen all at once. They happened over time, with us winning a few, and them winning a few.

That reality will not change if/when you get hired at a major.

But I can see that in the future that the 9s are being replaced by 900's and those 175's. When the scope is at its limit, NWA will throw a carrot to the senior NWA guys and say.......here we will order 20 more 787's if you allow us to have 100 more 76 seaters at the regionals......

And we'll say, "Ha! Ha! Ha! That'll never work because our brothers at the Airlinks will recognize the adverse impact on this job at the majors that they strive for...and will refuse to fly those jets unless the pay rates and work-rules are derived directly from the mainline contract! They don't need Brand Scope to do that. They have the ability to set their own rates and work-rules right now, and they have opted to stand with us!"

See? Victory! And we'll owe it all to you. The result of that victory (thanks in advance!) will be:

• You either get more money and better rates than you currently have for those shiny new jets, or
  • You get to the majors quicker because we'll need more pilots to fly those jets at our rates/rules.
those senior guys, if history repeats itself will bend over backwards to screw their junior guys.

Since you don't know what you're talking about, I'll give you a pass.

If history were to truly repeat itself at NWA, the senior guys (99% of all NWA pilots includes the "senior guys") will make the plight of the junior guys their #1 issue...just as they did in '98, when the eradication of the B-Scale was the #1 issue, even among those "senior guys" who'd never been on a B-Scale!

Everybody is getting screwed right now! We're all doing our Shaquille O'Neal impressions...sitting at home wondering, "WTF just happened? Why am I here instead in Round 2?" Hopefully...collectively...we'll only wallow in our stunned disappointment for a little longer. Then maybe we'll quit pointing fingers at each other, and get ready for the next season (when the other team doesn't get extra players on the court. Players like judges and lawmakers).

Management money is tied to not having conflict after bankruptcy. I suppose the NWA pilots could legally "take it back" in a short amount of time. So what is it going to be occam, take the money or throw a bone to the airlinkers at your expense.

YOU told us that a Single Carrier Status petition meant NWA pilots were merely asking for Mesaba and Compass pilots to be represented by ALPA. I pointed out that YOU were wrong.

Maybe I am wrong but that definition of Single Carrier petition to the NMB was given to the Comair MEC by Bill Roberts prior to the PID request in 2000.

Are you saying we shouldn't take an ALPA attorney at their word?

Last edited:
Lear:

Although I truly enjoy the imagery generated by the expression "cow-toe",
I think you might have been aiming for "kowtow".

Sorry to interrupt.
Yeah, yeah... Sorry, my English language skills simply aren't up to the task today. :)

And Occam... seek therapy, dude. Dayum... ;)

Management money is tied to not having conflict after bankruptcy.

Management money is already in the trough...as you well know, Mr. Rainey. The "conflict" of which you speak (and why do I keep hearing "Helter Skelter" in the background?) is avoided to the extent we have a contract with a significant duration.

I suppose the NWA pilots could legally "take it back" in a short amount of time.

We'll get a bunch of it back...thanks to you. As you have consistently proven, you are incapable of staffing this airline properly enough to deliver the cashflow you put in the Disclosure Statement. The Board and the investors will want to know how it got that way...and who is responsible. That's where you come in...or, more accurately...you go out.

Sic semper tyrannus!

Your replacement will have to cut a deal with us for some staffing relief to get those augmentees and F/O IP's trained. We'll get our quids and you'll be working somewhere else...with 2,000 worthless NWA business cards with "Vice President" on them.

So what is it going to be occam, take the money or throw a bone to the airlinkers at your expense.

1. Get rid of you.
2. Improve the "hot spots" in the contract.
3. Single Carrier Status (that'll be the end of your sucessor's honeymoon here)

Better get in line at the good printer, Mr. Rainey! That resume ain't gonna print itself!

Maybe I am wrong but that definition of Single Carrier petition to the NMB...

There's no "maybe" about it.

It's also not the only assertion you've made that is utterly wrong.

Are you saying we shouldn't take an ALPA attorney at their word?

Nah. I'm pretty sure he gave you the correct dope. Giving the RJDC good information is like feeding a chimp a nice banana. Even if it's good for him, you know he'll just fling it back at you after he's digested it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back