• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ Manager's tell Pilot's "your not worth it!"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The full-power t/o's and flying low never made a lot of sense to me as a way to get back at management.

NWA is very good about getting mgmt's attention when they want it-SLOW taxis. I think, and I may be wrong, that making the flying public aware of whatever is you're up to, and possibly annoying them in the process, is even more important than any real 'cost' from your actions. It's the publicity and complaints that seem to be the most effective at driving the higher-ups nuts.

The full-power t/o's and flying low never made a lot of sense to me as a way to get back at management.

NWA is very good about getting mgmt's attention when they want it-SLOW taxis. I think, and I may be wrong, that making the flying public aware of whatever is you're up to, and possibly annoying them in the process, is even more important than any real 'cost' from your actions. It's the publicity and complaints that seem to be the most effective at driving the higher-ups nuts.

My feelings exactly.

Thats right, crawling taxi, unexpected delays in the pads, full power takeoff's and cruising at 6k below flight plan altitude. Lets see how that shinny departure and arrival section of mymesaba does in the next few weeks.

Ultimately that may not be a good idea. With the merger, they may be looking to down size small jet flying and the one that is less efficeint may get the axe, even if you are owned by NWA.

Even a TO take off is still a flex/reduced takeoff. The engines, in US models, still have APR which can be used. Also if I remeber right, the engines are flat rated which means they will produce X amount of thrust up to X degrees above ISA. So if the temp is ISA or ISA -10, it is still a reduced/Flex takeoff.

Ultimately that may not be a good idea. With the merger, they may be looking to down size small jet flying and the one that is less efficeint may get the axe, even if you are owned by NWA.

And that is certainly the other side of the issue-is right now or anytime soon the best time to be making any stands? Personally, I'm inclined to staying pretty quiet until the parent company(s) get some things ironed out and we find out where we stand...until then any battles fought would seem short-sighted.

If your ops area is filthy and filled with trash, and your cockpits are filthy, you should refuse to enter them, as a health and sanitation concern.

You get the conditions and benefits you deserve. Mgmt. says you don't deserve clean conditions.
Until you DEMAND them, you won't see them.
How to do this? Call your reps and MEC, and demand they take a stand.
The alpa lawyers will tell them you can't refuse to enter the areas, this is a witholding of service.
Tell the lawyers their office cleanings are suspended for two months.....
This s*** would never fly at the majors, why do we tolerate it at this level? No spine among those who intend to stay, that's why.

You obviously didn't fly under a redtail colors for long. Anderson and Steenland have never cared about the service that they are providing, nor do they care about performance. They care about the bottom line. How can they (individuals---not companies) make more money. If your management or board members are not controlled by NWA-DAL managers your flying may be in jeoparty.

Anyone ever see the movie Office space? Lets do a pilot version of that movie down in MEM. Bring in your cordless, and remove the fishbowl walls from their current local, push it out into the public area, and prop them up to make more room. Done.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back