XJ Manager's tell Pilot's "your not worth it!"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MesabaDriver

So let's here from all you XJ pilots who think management has your interests in their heart.

A specific manager... (you know the one who had a boat named "the extra tenth" ) said to a MEC member.. "in my day as a DTW CP we hauled our own trash... we got it done"... He aslo stated that if he spent $200,000 on new crew rooms for the pilots at XJ he would be "stupid" and the the new Delta might see that as wasted money. Let me tell ya something... hey news flash buddy you dont need to spend 200k do be stupid... you've already taken that title.

Now another manager...(the one who jingles his pants) said hey you see things your way, we see them another. If we think we are right then we are going to do what we feel is in our best interest. If you think we are wrong then just file a grievance.

WOW... Now that is what I call working together to reach a better company relationship!!!

Any comments...

I guess he actually thinks the fishbowl in MEM is a prime example of a crew room when it has 30 bodies in it when the fire marshal probably approved it for 10, everyone based in MEM's flightcases and crewbags everywhere, no trashcan, a piece of junk table. Why would they spend the $$$. It is perfect !!!!!

What made JR so bitter? Was it his days at Republic?

And if he still has that boat, he should rename it "The Extra Ten Percent Pay Cut"!

Last edited:
So let's here from all you XJ pilots who think management has your interests in their heart.

A specific manager... (you know the one who had a boat named "the extra tenth" ) said to a MEC member.. "in my day as a DTW CP we hauled our own trash... we got it done"... He aslo stated that if he spent $200,000 on new crew rooms for the pilots at XJ he would be "stupid" and the the new Delta might see that as wasted money. Let me tell ya something... hey news flash buddy you dont need to spend 200k do be stupid... you've already taken that title.

Now another manager...(the one who jingles his pants) said hey you see things your way, we see them another. If we think we are right then we are going to do what we feel is in our best interest. If you think we are wrong then just file a grievance.

WOW... Now that is what I call working together to reach a better company relationship!!!

Any comments...

Yea get rid of unions so the employee/management relationship isn't so acidic. What do you do in any other career? You don't like the company you leave. Given that I still would only work for a union carrier till people get their **** out of the sand and do their talking with their feet.

Yea get rid of unions so the employee/management relationship isn't so acidic. What do you do in any other career? You don't like the company you leave. Given that I still would only work for a union carrier till people get their **** out of the sand and do their talking with their feet.

Key words: other career

What do you do in any other career? You don't like the company you leave.

Yes, but unlike OTHER careers, we pilots have to start all over the at the bottom of another airline's senioritiy list, along with taking a HUGE paycut as well.

Yes, but unlike OTHER careers, we pilots have to start all over the at the bottom of another airline's senioritiy list, along with taking a HUGE paycut as well.

Thus my point, but if enough people did it or even a master senority list this wouldn't be a problem. People need to be paid what they are worth and how much time they have in service.

Thus my point, but if enough people did it or even a master senority list this wouldn't be a problem. People need to be paid what they are worth and how much time they have in service.

What master seniority list?

It was hard enough to merge US Airways and AWA lists, and oh wait, they're still not integrated. And now the seniority integration problems with Delta and NWA. Again, problem area. Forget the notion of one national seniority list, it just won't happen.

"If enough people did it"..... what's this mean? Thousands and thousands of pilots have come and gone at the regional level.

"People need to be paid what they are worth and how much time they have in service"..... I agree. But unfortunately, the reailty is that most regional pilots lose their seniority and take a huge paycut every time they move up to another airline.

You are not an airline pilot, are you?

Are you F^&king kidding me???????

If you ever actually get a job at an airline (because it is obvious you don't right now) you are in for a rude awakening.

Let me get this straight, you will only work at union carrier, but you think they have no place in the airlines? Can you say hypocrite!!!

And of all places, you picked a Mesaba thread for this line of reasoning.

Congrats, You are winner of FlightInfo's dumb a@# post of the day!!!

Enjoy

Any comments...

Maybe the reason they don't want to invest big bucks for a new MEM crew room is that MEM won't be a pilot base in 8-12 months. With the merger in effect it is very likely that MEM will not be a hub.

Not siding in managements favor, just a different point of view in light of all the new events.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back