XJ Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mysteryofflight -
When did you get your call and your application packet from ASA? Im just curious because I have been in the pool there since the beginning of October. Im curious as to why they are still doing screening calls and sending out packets getting ready to interview more with over 70 in the pool already. It seems as though they are getting ready to run a class.

Kerveball said:
Mysteryofflight -
When did you get your call and your application packet from ASA? Im just curious because I have been in the pool there since the beginning of October. Im curious as to why they are still doing screening calls and sending out packets getting ready to interview more with over 70 in the pool already. It seems as though they are getting ready to run a class.

Let's see... I think it was the 22nd of Dec I got the phone screening. That means I faxed in my resume ( or emailed it, I've done too many lately to remember how i sent it ) about a week prior. The screener told me they planned on starting classes end of Jan beginning of Feb, mentioned that there were some a/c going to either skywest or ASA ( 70 seaters? ) and the hiring was due in part to that hopeful and part due to attrition. Good luck to ya, I'm still sending my stuff in in the case that all the other companies tell me no.. not b/c I don't like ASA but rather b/c I think they are in for some ugly contract negiotiations and I don't want to hit the street in yet another furlough.

Goodbye and good luck to all the January XJ furloughs..... I'll be joining you guys soon. Hopefully we'll have something worthwhile to return to.....

Is there a list of furloughs yet? I got a jan 16th class date and havnt heard anything yet. If they are dumping people in feb. why would they put me through training? If anyone has any info on this please let me know, it makes a small difference in my future. Thanks in advance.

XJT is what we call ExpressJet on this forum, XJ is the two letter code for Mesaba, ExpressJet is not furloughing....yet, Mesaba is. Hope that clarifies it. Haven't received my notice yet, but I'm looking forward to drawing unemployment and telling them thanks but no thanks when they recall. Anyone have any suggestions as to what to go into for a second career?

Last edited:
platinumclub said:
Anyone have any suggestions as to what to go into for a second career?

I'm going to bartending school.

Latest resources

Back