XJ Furloughs still under contract?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Avro dude

Did you all get the latest email. Even if you are furloughed or soon to be furloughed you cannot accept a position anywhere else if you are still under the training contract. What am I supposed to do, sit on my a## and collect unemployment because I can't afford the $21,000 .

Avro dude said:
Did you all get the latest email. Even if you are furloughed or soon to be furloughed you cannot accept a position anywhere else if you are still under the training contract. What am I supposed to do, sit on my a## and collect unemployment because I can't afford the $21,000 .
Ouch!!!

I wish I could legimately suggest that this is managments way of "hinting" that the furlough's won't really happen -- that those about to be "furloughed" need not find another job too fast -- but I just don't have that much faith that they would be that much ahead of the real plan.

Talk about wishful thinking Mr Terry. That is not the case Mgmt could care less if they leave or not. What they do care about is getting a new pilot contract. To do this they will pour so much $hit on us and then we will be forced to negotiate it away. It will also succeed at taking away our unions strength; now they have to deal with this crappy item and waste their time when there are more important fish to fry.

Avro dude said:

I talked to the CP today about that and he said if you are in the involuntary furlough list to not worry about the training contract. They can't inforce it or charge you more than what was agreed which I do believe is a prorated amount no more that 3,600. How can they enforce the training contract when they can't even keep you employed for 12 months? Maybe they should pay us for at least 75 hrs a month while we are furlughed and I will be glad to honor the training agreement. There is a lot of people starting to get interviews and bailing. Go figure. Maybe Mesaba will need to hire like Pinnacle if everyone jumps ship.

$21000 HA! like I have anywhere near that much for them to come take. I might have that if they don't lay me off. Course if they don't lay me off then I have no need to look for another job. But then they can't put any fear into us. But then their plan would fail. But....Aw hell it's after 7, my reserve is over and I have the weekend off. Time to find a beer or 3. :beer:

Latest resources

Back