• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Xj Downgrade Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope theses guys aren't stepping into an equivalent of freedom of go jet. Has the union done any research if this City Jet is a good idea.

one of the guys from city jet painted a very good deal at city jet

As long as it doesn't take away a job of a current pilot like the threat of freedom #1 and what the g0 jet losers are doing, I say "good luck" to 'em.

that good deal he described is what makes me worry. There is always more to the story, paranoia/mesabanoia what ever you want to call it. Then again who cares they'll just be swearing at you in french. It'll sound cute.

Europe hasn't caught up with the U.S., pilots are still like doctors and lawyers over there, not just cheap labor.

Contract flying is nothing new over at CityJet and neither are direct hire captains. They staff the airline in 3 ways... cadet program, contract pilots and direct hire. There is no seniority to be disregarded and the contract pilots are not working for an alter ego carrier (the freedom analogy). So... it just might be as good as advertised.

FO

wow the union peeps worrying about the jobs over there when any good suggesttion put forth here to protect our jobs fromthe skid to the bottom we have now(one pay scale.....etc) is shot down before mr woerth can cash his paycheck on fridays.........

CityJet looks good, but not a picnic by any means. They pay for the furnished apartment. 5 on 3 off 6 on 2 off. Days don't look very long (a few flights, not 7 like at XJ) home almost every night (3 or 4 single overnights per month) kind of like a normal job. Here's the good part FO pay $60,000 AFTER tax, captain right around $90 or $100K, I forget which. (Don't forget the FREE lodging.)

Wow. Too bad I was kicked to the curb before I could get the 500 in type. That sounds like a fine picnic compared to this air ambulance stuff.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back