• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ CRJ FO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jeez, you have way too much time on your hands JP. Good work though. Very informative. It's nice to see an actual report with factual numbers by a non-biased group.

Thanks Pete. I'm just trying to bring reality to a trying situation. Unfortunately, there are a lot of armchair managers on these boards and LOTS of rumors from "reliable" sources that are "in the know". I don't pretend to be an expert either, but when there are forces at work that are directly affecting my life, my way of dealing with the stress is looking for the facts and extracting from those facts reasonable theories as to what may or may not be going on. Rumors don't mean a thing until the plane pulls up to the gate or leaves the gate under tow of a banker-owned tug.

If the company decides to furlough, perhaps all of the captains that just went through training or still in training, will bid a new aircraft to go back to as FO. :p

It doesnt make sense to me if NWA is in bankruptcy and is missing its payments to Mesaba, ($40 million, so far) then what financial support does XJ really have, then to follow right along with big brother into Chapter 11..

XJ doesnt have any other revenue streams set up, so the only way to make it lean is to cut costs. Cutting costs means asking for concessions, and bankruptcy protection seems to be the business way these days to those cuts..

Also if NWA actually does close its MEM hub, XJ could get out of it's cost of re-locating pilots (moving expenses) while under bankruptcy protection.

I wouldn't see that 15 CRJ's coming over to XJ from Pinnacle is a very positive move. I see another "carrot" and "threat of bankruptcy - if the pilots dont take cuts" - blah blah blah, from ALPA. I know that the history of mesaba pilots life is always waiting in the dark for "the upcoming announcement", but I think it's pretty clear XJ is dead in the water.

Along with 85 seats added surely they should get a reduction in the lease pymts. this should help bring costs of the aircraft down. On the other hand...........

Figuring 200 dollars always more in maint. and approx. 250 dollars more in fuel cost means.......450 dollars more than crj900 per block hour.

450 x (10 hours per aircraft x 35 aircraft) x 30 days a month x 12 months a year= 56,700,000

I know my Math is very fuzzy but can lowering the lease pymts save 56 million dollars a year?

What about the saabs over time they can just farm that out to Colgan, great Lakes and or Skywest. Surely they can do it cheaper seeing as the average pilot is 1 year pay and the mgmt doesn't make 750,000 dollars a year plus living exspenses.

Any speculation as to what tomorrows secret meeting is about. My money is on concessions.

My guess is it goes something similar to this.
"we have a way to keep the avros for now.... we must be able to fly them with 85 seats, and get the lease payments cut. You must agree to fly the planes with these extra seats for a slightly reduced pay rate then agree to keep that rate for all future >100 seat flying that may come your way...oh by the way we also reserve the right to convert all your crj orders to 70 or 90 seats as we feel fit to replace the avros later on. We won't furlough anyone or hire anyone, just send home the extra pilots with pay as extra reserves til class dates open up for crj's. CVG will be closed and there will be no displacement bids allowed."

Am I close???

Yudso said:
Any speculation as to what tomorrows secret meeting is about. My money is on concessions.

'My money is on concessions'...... sounds ironic. :laugh:

Another last minute, no preview "special meeting" involving more "confidentiality agreements". That brings back a little deja vu.......

Latest resources

Back