XJ CRJ FO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sf3boy said:
I was referring to the QOL life as an FO is probably better at XJ......but there is no career advancing at XJ. Don't get me wrong, they both are bad in their own outstanding ways.

Yeah my QOL here at CHQ is pretty crappy with a 16 day off line in only the second month I've been here.

16 days off... are you including reserve days that your not used??? if not you must be flying 60 hours a month max..making absolutely no money what so ever... but then again no first year regional FO makes any money.. especially Greatlakes FO man $$15.00 an hour WOOOW

BOHICAgain said:
16 days off... are you including reserve days that your not used??? if not you must be flying 60 hours a month max..making absolutely no money what so ever... but then again no first year regional FO makes any money.. especially Greatlakes FO man $$15.00 an hour WOOOW

What are you smoking. 14 days at 6 hours a day equals 84 hours. That's on the low side.

Not much "quality" of life when you're making $22/hr with your so called 16 days off. Then again, no regional FO their first few years is making any real money.

smokey999 said:
What are you smoking. 14 days at 6 hours a day equals 84 hours. That's on the low side.

So you fly 6 hours everyday while at work... that must be pretty good lifestyle.. man i wish I was at CHQ...so who flies the crappy flights with 20 hours on the ground..and a couple hours with productivity sits???

BOHICAgain said:
So you fly 6 hours everyday while at work... that must be pretty good lifestyle.. man i wish I was at CHQ...so who flies the crappy flights with 20 hours on the ground..and a couple hours with productivity sits???

Yeah, we're obviously missing something here. I personally spoke to a CHQ crew in TPA that was on a 3 hour sit, with a similar sit later in the day. If these guys flew 6 hours they would be on duty for close to 16 hours.

Maybe it's possible that the new guys know how to work the system to get all the days off, but I doubt it. I think for every newbie FO that posts about how his life is great on flightinfo there has to be one with the min days off working 5am-9pm every day (who obviously doesn't post on here).

Heard recently: Meeting on Friday did not include anything that we already didn't know! 2 more CRJ's waiting on the ramp in Montreal for delivery - Bombardier doesn't want to deliver and have Mesaba F##% them over when we claim Chpt 11 !!!! Training suspended, but Mesaba telling the Canucks (unsure if spelt correctly) that 28 training events already paid for, so training will resume soon!! Mesaba waiting to see what NWA wants them to do next (or already decided) - word is........a LOT is going to go down in the next 2 weeks and how we, as a Pilot group react will decide our future!!!!!!!!
9E is spreading the word about more growth post Christmas, most likely involving Embraer products, 9E Captains are telling us that the pilot group over there has a "laissez faire" attitude and is pretty weak! (Not slamming you guys!) - these guys weren't full of B.S!! They are afraid that the young guys and foreign pilots will fly the larger jets for 50 seat pay, screwing the older guys who have responsibilities in life!!
By the way, I'm not trying to bash 9E, so hold your fire!!!!!!!!

"Mesaba telling the Canucks (unsure if spelt correctly) that 28 training events already paid for, so training will resume soon!!"

Who will be in training? Are the avros really going away and those pilots will be training for the CRJs, or will the avros stay and new hire training will resume as normal?

Rossa said:
9E is spreading the word about more growth post Christmas, most likely involving Embraer products, 9E Captains are telling us that the pilot group over there has a "laissez faire" attitude and is pretty weak! (Not slamming you guys!) - these guys weren't full of B.S!! They are afraid that the young guys and foreign pilots will fly the larger jets for 50 seat pay, screwing the older guys who have responsibilities in life!!
By the way, I'm not trying to bash 9E, so hold your fire!!!!!!!!

As a 9E captain.. I have heard those rumors too. Almost all of them coming out of MEM. I am not sure if this a Nonconnah spin or not, but enough of a spin to give "hope" and that is about it. Double digit attrition is enough of a reason to spin 70 seater's or better.

As for our junior and pilot group of the world.... It has been a concern of a low ball sell out for growth. Although... a good 40% of the pilot group has been screwed over too many times I doubt the company could get a vote for a low ball rate for larger jet's. This would require a vote by the pilot group and with the meltdowns and junior assignments by FedEx I don't think anyone trust the company any more.

Latest resources

Back