• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WX in Den, how's Frontier doing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This certianly isn't the biggest storm in the last 20-25 years. I remember a few years ago,some of the Broncos were taken to the airport by snowmobile.

We've strapped plows to the 318s and are tasked to keep DIA ramps clear.

It pays better than flying pax so don't worry about us!

Strap the plows to the front of a British Airways plane and push all the snow into the overrun.

Spoke to a Frontier crew a few days ago, and they told me how the airport was proactive and plowed the employee parking lot. Unfortunately, as a result they buried everybody's cars in feet of snow. :eek:

Wasnt the storm in 03 worse?? I thought it snowed near 45 inches at the airport... It wasn't back to back storms, but I thought it was the worst.

Spoke to a Frontier crew a few days ago, and they told me how the airport was proactive and plowed the employee parking lot. Unfortunately, as a result they buried everybody's cars in feet of snow. :eek:

Yeah, they're very good at doing that! Was there a few days after the storm and had to shovel a place for my car, they hadn't bothered to plow empty spaces so people could park - it was a complete mess. I'm glad we're paying some of the highest fees ($36/month) of any employee lot in the country for such excellent service!

Wasnt the storm in 03 worse?? I thought it snowed near 45 inches at the airport... It wasn't back to back storms, but I thought it was the worst.

I think this is one of those situations where you have to define carefully what you mean by worst. The talking heads on tv have to be specific to make that argument for this past couple of weeks.

My perspective is that it is certainly worse than '03 because I was at HOU then and COS now.32

Naw, '03 WAS worse. I was flying freight then, and we were stuck out for at least 3 days, or maybe it was 4. It was most of the week anyway. They may have had the concourse ramps open first, but the freight ramp was closed for 3-4 days.

I agree our snow crews, while well-intentioned, have much to learn.

TOGA: "Where's the freight ramp", you ask? Did I hear a "Wear the Fox Hat!" there? Thought so ;)

Nice seeing you today!

Seems to me everyone has overlooked the very important question of how our friends at the United airline are doing during this storm. Last I checked they were the biggest show in town.

Seems to me everyone has overlooked the very important question of how our friends at the United airline are doing during this storm. Last I checked they were the biggest show in town.

United has a large network. They can route people around DEN. Frontier has no other place to route people. I think it effects Frontier much more than UAL.

From what I've heard, this was one of the biggest storms on record. However, what complicated matters is the fact that it was also a blizzard. Comparing this storm to those at other airports is like comparing apples to oranges. O'Hare's storms rarely enjoy the added component of gale winds, making it much more difficult to keep the snow from accumulating. That fact notwithstanding, DEN also occupies 50+ square miles of real estate. In addition, the airport motor pool has an unbelievable compliment of equipment. Problem was, the airport authority didn't exactly have the staffing prepared and on property to operate said equipment. They could have, but they didn't...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back