www.unionfacts.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pianoman said:
Show me a union contract the membership didn't ratify.

This is like landing in a 50 knot crosswind and complaining that the tower cleared you to do it.

The blame rests squarely with the voting members.

NJA first contract,voted down 84%....!!!

And what was the strike vote? Something like 93% in favor, wasn't it?

As a point of fairness, Pianoman, remember that pilots hired after ratification didn't get a vote. Many of the NJ pilots joined while the contract was under negotiation and did so in the belief that they could help make a difference. The current contract validates their decisions and their willingness to volunteer. That said, I do agree that apathy and disorganization make for a poor contract. When the workforce is organized and determined, a fair/good contract is possible.

pianoman said:
Show me a union contract the membership didn't ratify.

Check with the NW Flight Attendants.

You should see what is happening to education as a result of the teacher's unions.

I have a great idea: let's tie teacher's salaries to those of our elected officials. If our state elected officials give themselves a raise, then teacher's salaries automatically kick up the same percentage. That way we might get to have some integrity again.
What do you think?

Last edited:
This website that started this thread is a little spooky to me for several reasons:
I was not able to access any names, or addresses. Could just be my browser.
Mission statement is real weak. When I checked one union I am familiar with the information was minimal. The big teacher's unions are not listed.

Annie said:
You should see what is happening to education as a result of the teacher's unions.

I have a great idea: let's tie teacher's salaries to those of our elected officials. If our state elected officials give themselves a raise, then teacher's salaries automatically kick up the same percentage. That way we might get to have some integrity again.
What do you think?

How about tying teacher's salaries to the performance of their students? Seems like a much better plan.

Mr Wu said:
How about tying teacher's salaries to the performance of their students? Seems like a much better plan.

Maybe partially... how about tying student performance into tax breaks for parents? The better the grades the lower the tax!!

:eek:

is this website run and operated by walmart?

Latest resources

Back