• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WTF is wrong with the E170's 175's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some birds squak more than others--634 is a loud girl. It's part of the "quirks" we're used to on them. At least we no longer (like at Comair on the -120's) stuff wet napkins in the leaks around the doors! And who can forget the FE on the 727 saying, "pour some water over the 2L door seam (at the top) to flush out grit and gravel and that'll stop the noise"...and the MX on board DOING it!

Alas, nobody flies a real airplane anymore...

Its not the doors causing the guttereal growl on the E170. The first time I rode in F class I thought for sure we'd lost a panel during climbout. Its a rumble felt throught the first part of the airframe, and is quite bothersome until you realize its "normal" for the aircraft.

Its not the doors causing the guttereal growl on the E170. The first time I rode in F class I thought for sure we'd lost a panel during climbout. Its a rumble felt throught the first part of the airframe, and is quite bothersome until you realize its "normal" for the aircraft.

That is NOT "normal." I will be willing to wage that some serious problem develops or becomes known from this.

That is NOT "normal." I will be willing to wage that some serious problem develops or becomes known from this.

I've noticed similar, but didn't you post a nearly identical thread a while back on the same subject?

I've heard a similar noise on most aircraft without full wheel well covering, though.... 737, CRJ's, other ERJ's..... seems to come with the territory.

I always associated it with that.

Then there's the "sound of death upon thee" when the Avro RJ's would extend their flaps... :)

Latest resources

Back