WSJ: AMR also is seeking to outsource flying of any planes with fewer than 89 seats

LearLove

Total Time
12000+
No, not amazing. Let's not forget how PSA ended up with the shiny new jets to begin with while the other two wholly owned USAir feeders were left to whither on the vine flying run out Dash's.

Not amazing at all.

O yeah - good times...

NOT

TEXAN AVIATOR

Bewbies
Total Time
7000+
Any guess on how many Eagle furloughs?
I'm guessing 500ish after some of the guys flow back and all. I hope that's not the case, I have some good friends over there. But I wouldn't be surprised.

TheRaven

Runway Sweeper 3rd Class
Total Time
14000+
I'm guessing 500ish after some of the guys flow back and all. I hope that's not the case, I have some good friends over there. But I wouldn't be surprised.

Flow Back? That expired 2 years ago. 0 will be flowing back.

Word on the street here at Eagle is that our people are already in Brazil negotiating for EMB-190s in a 2 class configuration....why would AA farm it out and lose control when they could keep it in house and get a new flow-back in the process? Most guys at AE get to go to AA at some point anyways, so a staple isn't out of the question.....that would achieve the same as a flowback deal, and keep SCOPE intact.

The whole reason for spinning AE off was to control costs, but the bankruptcy court can handle that a lot easier, and they don't have to open themselves up to problems with outsourced carriers down the road.

TEXAN AVIATOR

Bewbies
Total Time
7000+
I stand corrected. But you can't buy anything until an agreement with the AA pilots is met. Just because mgmt wants a bunch of big planes farmed out doesn't mean it will happen.

CaptSeth

Total Time
?
I think APA should make a solid proposal to keep all > 50 seat flying at mainline where it belongs. If anything good comes out of this bankruptcy, it should be the preservation of career-quality mainline jobs.

TEXAN AVIATOR

Bewbies
Total Time
7000+
I think APA should make a solid proposal to keep all > 50 seat flying at mainline where it belongs. If anything good comes out of this bankruptcy, it should be the preservation of career-quality mainline jobs.
Agreed. Big airplanes contracted out is not good for anyone but the short sighted. More major airplanes = more major jobs. CAL/UAL will be getting control of their scope in this contract.

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Total Time
....why would AA farm it out and lose control when they could keep it in house and get a new flow-back in the process? Most guys at AE get to go to AA at some point anyways, so a staple isn't out of the question.....that would achieve the same as a flowback deal, and keep SCOPE intact.

Yea... US Airways tried that with Mid Atlantic! Worked out Great! NOT!

DDpaysoff

Total Time
6900-
Wrote this whole thing that got erased when I sent it. Let me paraphrase, Regional pilots are losers. Pretenders that will sell their coworkers out to benefit themselves because they are inferior to people that could actually get hired at legacy carriers. They rely in Alpa to negotiate deals with managment but management always has the trump card in bankruptcy law. Want proof, Watch the senior brass at OH vote on concessions in fear. Watch pinnacle pilots cuddle in those cute sweaters at 7 am waiting for the courthouse to open, with republic right behind them. Pilots have become the wimps of society. Not a good image. Sick, this is.

Freebrd

Total Time

why not ALL flying

JustaNumber

Total Time
Let me paraphrase, Regional pilots are losers. Pretenders that will sell their coworkers out to benefit themselves because they are inferior to people that could actually get hired at legacy carriers. They rely in Alpa to negotiate deals with managment but management always has the trump card in bankruptcy law. Want proof, watch the senior brass at OH vote on concessions in fear. Watch pinnacle pilots cuddle in those cute sweaters at 7 am waiting for the courthouse to open, with republic right behind them. Pilots have become the wimps of society. Not a good image. Sick, this is.

Obviously flame bait by posting this in the regionals forum, but what the heck, I'll bite. You could say the exact same things about Mainline pilots. See:

"Let me paraphrase, Mainline pilots are losers. Pretenders that will sell their coworkers out to benefit themselves because they are inferior to people who could actually work at market rates. They rely in Alpa to negotiate deals with management to monopolize labor, but management always has the trump card in bankruptcy law. Want proof, Watch the senior brass at DL vote on concessions in fear during the last bankruptcy round. Watch USAirways pilots cuddle in those cute sweaters at 7 am waiting for the courthouse to open, with America West right behind them. Pilots have become the wimps of society. Not a good image. Sick, this is."

CoATP

Total Time
10k+
Obviously flame bait by posting this in the regionals forum, but what the heck, I'll bite. You could say the exact same things about Mainline pilots. See:

"Let me paraphrase, Mainline pilots are losers. Pretenders that will sell their coworkers out to benefit themselves because they are inferior to people who could actually work at market rates. They rely in Alpa to negotiate deals with management to monopolize labor, but management always has the trump card in bankruptcy law. Want proof, Watch the senior brass at DL vote on concessions in fear during the last bankruptcy round. Watch USAirways pilots cuddle in those cute sweaters at 7 am waiting for the courthouse to open, with America West right behind them. Pilots have become the wimps of society. Not a good image. Sick, this is."

ooooooh Snap! +1

ex j-41

Total Time
Wrote this whole thing that got erased when I sent it. Let me paraphrase, Regional pilots are losers. Pretenders that will sell their coworkers out to benefit themselves because they are inferior to people that could actually get hired at legacy carriers. They rely in Alpa to negotiate deals with managment but management always has the trump card in bankruptcy law. Want proof, Watch the senior brass at OH vote on concessions in fear. Watch pinnacle pilots cuddle in those cute sweaters at 7 am waiting for the courthouse to open, with republic right behind them. Pilots have become the wimps of society. Not a good image. Sick, this is.

Next time you are begging for a Jumpseat on a regional. Why don't you mention this?

I think we all know the answer to this.

sniper

Total Time
No, not amazing. Let's not forget how PSA ended up with the shiny new jets to begin with while the other two wholly owned USAir feeders were left to whither on the vine flying run out Dash's.

Not amazing at all.

Sooooooooooo true.......PSA has done it 2 times.....and long time ago PFT.....remember?

Last edited:

sniper

Total Time
I'm one of 36 that voted a loud "NO". But thanks for remembering. It pisses me off too.

I am glad you voted NO.....

Nice job....

Did you get the Mesa 900s?
Thats was your MECs goal made up by an ex chief pilot.

ex j-41

Total Time
Would have been a great opportunity to have some leverage with management. But pilots fall for the same tricks time and time again. We are/were in contract negotiations, never should we have signed an LOA during this time. If management wanted 900 rates then negotiate them in the new contract. It was a simple vote for me. THen if Parker wanted to shut down PSA cause we were stubborn.......let it be.
And the other reason was that the Captains got an equal raise as the f/o's. Even though last contract the captains got a $5/hr raise and f/o's $.50.
Any raise has to be on the f/o side.

And now our old CP is no longer MEC.

CFIT

Gimme your money
Total Time
1:51pm
I'm surprised American management didn't ask for even more than 88 seats to be flown by regionals?