• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Written Test

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What happens if you don't pass it. Normally you need the sign off saying you covered the material that wasn't up to par?

If you fail it, you take it again. I don't think it's required to have a sign-off after a written failure.

Once again though, speak with a FSDO or the testing center to be sure. They should be able to provide a definitive answer.

Awesome thank you very much I got until December to take it so I'm just trying to take my time and pass this with 90's so my oral wont go so rough.

Call All ATP's,
I took my ATP written at the Addison location, which sounds like the place you are going. I think most of their locations are a testing center. They should be able to answer your ?'s and give you some study tips.

I also renewed my CFI via the GLEIM online program, easy as pie. Many things have changed over just a couple of years, so make sure you get these ?'s answered by an active CFI, just to make sure you get the correct info.

have fun

Keep in mind that on the CFI ride you're being evaluated on your teaching abilities and the ability to maintain a safe training environment for your student. Thats for the flight portion. This means being able to think a few steps ahead of the student and know what common errors might take place.

You flying abilities DO NOT need to be perfect. During the ride, you may point out any tolerances exceeded as a lesson in what not to do and why it happened. Don't worry if you can't perform the manuevers to PTS perfection like you did on each respective ride. You've demonstrated competency in this areas so it's not as crucial on your CFI ride.

The ground work will be VERY indepth though, and you should have an almost cocky knowledge of everything you need to know. The good thing is that it's all cumulative knowledge you've built up during your prerequisites.

Thanks everyone for the tips. I called ATP yes your were right no need for an endorsement on those writtens although they said if you fail it you have to wait 30 days to retake it. Now I've yet to fail a written but... I still didn't think you had to wait 30 days for the retake any knowledge on this? As for studying I've got the Gleim FOI, Gleim Instrument for the CFII, and Gleim Commercial for the CFI.

they said if you fail it you have to wait 30 days to retake it.
That's if you don't get a sign-off.

The written test score sheet that you get has a place for a cfi sign-off to do the re-take whenever you are ready.

The requirement for endorsements on writtens and practical tests is under the "Eligibility" FAR for each cert or rating.

Latest resources

Back