• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Written / Practical

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My Practical was hilarious. The examiner would ask me a question, and then get immediately distracted by a DFW departure out the window. He would totally forget what he asked me... wouldn't even listen to my answer... would sigh... and say "ahhhhhh I used to fly those you know". After a cracked smile, I would say "yeah, pretty cool", and before I knew it, I was outta there.

The written was hard, I'm not gonna lie. Everyone has a different method of studying. Mine was to memorize ONLY ONE key word that was unique in the answer.

GOOD LUCK.

Jake.

We had people in our class fail the pratical. They had to take it over...a couple of them had to take it more than twice. But, hey that was over 15 years ago! (I'm getting old...fast!) :0

Yeah the group before us had a few people that probably shouldn’t have got signed off to take it. They ended up retaking the course ( at no additonal charge) with our "class". From what they said, it turns out a lot of the reason why they failed was they didn’t know a lot WX theory, couldn’t name a single symbol on a radar summary and constant pressure chart. Also another said the reason he failed was because on his flight plan he busted a few AFM limits, and dx'd his flight into severe icing with a no ice MEL. Ouch. After about half way through their class retake, they just stopped showing up.

Then we had the one guy fail the written test in our group with a 69. He wasn’t happy to say the least. :)

Latest resources

Back