Wow ! Go Figure !!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
minitour said:
Maybe you can help me out with this one...its from my physics class (what I attended of it) and one of the things you mentioned above (speed of darkness).

If your mass increases as you approach the speed of light, why doesn't light have mass/weight?

All seriousness please...it's been bugging me for 5 years

-mini

That is too far beyond my intellect. When I say that you know it is mind boggling!!!

TIGV said:
Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are flat?

It's a psychological effect. Pressing harder is primarily an act of desperation, because we're simply too lazy to get up.

TIGV said:
Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds" when they know there is not enough?

Maybe not at the time. But they know that every cent you deposit will be theirs, until the deductions equal the fee.

TIGV said:
Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?

Curiosity is hard-wired into the human brain. When you say there are 4 billions stars, they know they cannot really verify this for themselves. If you say the paint is wet, they will feel an overwhelming urge to verify this claim for themselves, which is basically physiologically compensating for not being able to verify the number of stars in the Universe.

TIGV said:
Why doesn't glue stick to the bottle?

It can, but it takes a long time. Most glues dry in the presence of air. A thin bead of glue reacts with the air relatively quickly. 8oz or so of glue also reacts with air, but 100% solidification of 8oz of glue concentrated within a small area can takes weeks. Plus the bottle is typically sealed with a cap, so that eliminates the reaction too...

TIGV said:
Why do they use sterilized needles for death by lethal injection?

They obtain the needles from a manufacturer. This manufacturer must sterilize the needles, because not all of them will be used for lethal injections. 99.9% of them will be used to treat medical patients.

TIGV said:
Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard??

How can the animals in The Lion King talk?

TIGV said:
Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?

Get hit with a revolver does not pose a physical threat to Superman, but it is a distraction. Superman cannot afford distraction when any potential enemy could be wielding some Kryptonite.

TIGV said:
Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

If the aircraft encounters turbulence, it may be substantial enough to actually force the pilot out of the seat and smack his head on the ceiling. Wearing the helmet ensures maximum probability of reaching the target.

TIGV said:
Whose idea was it to put an "S" in the word "lisp"?

Note sure, but they had a pretty good sense of humor.

TIGV said:
If light has a speed then what is the speed of darkness?

Darkness does not have a speed because it contains no photons. Light is constructed of photons, and photons have a measurable speed in a vacuum, and a little slower within the Earths atmosphere.

TIGV said:
Are there specially reserved parking spaces for 'normal' people at the Special Olympics?

No

TIGV said:
If you send someone 'Styrofoam', how do you pack it?

With Bubble-wrap

TIGV said:
If the temperature is zero outside today and it's going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be?

Below 0

TIGV said:
If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

"Ape" is a generic term, and does not describe any particular species. We are but one species of ape.

TIGV said:
If it's true that we are here to help others, what are the others doing here?

Helping us

TIGV said:
Do married people live longer than single ones or does it only seem longer?

No, they really do. Married people tend to be conservative carrying out their daily activities. Most of the time, they have responsibilities at home that single people don't. Single people understand that they have no such responsibilities and are more likely to view their own life as expendable.

TIGV said:
If someone with a split personality threatens to commit suicide, is it a hostage situation?

No, because neither personality has anything to gain from consummating the act of suicide.

TIGV said:
Can you cry under water?

Crying is physical effect caused be the psychological circumstance of being in distress. It can indeed be done underwater.

TIGV said:
What level of importance must a person have , before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

There is no set level. It is a determination made by the general public.

TIGV said:
If money doesn't grow on trees then why do banks have branches?

A "Branch", refers to a particular location, outside of the banks main headquarters. It has nothing to do with trees. I learned this one at Harvard.

TIGV said:
Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

It is far easier to manufacture a square box out of a single sheet of cardboard, than it is it construct a circular box out of a single sheet.

TIGV said:
How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would bea good idea to put wheels on bigger suitcases?

Going to the moon was almost an act of war, against the former Soviet Union. It took on a special urgency and importance. Other little inventions came afterwards. Today, there is far more technology in your car than there was aboard the spacecrafts used to land on the moon.

TIGV said:
Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up,like, every two hours?

When babies do sleep, it is often a sound sleep. They have not yet developed the strength to toss and turn. They typically don't have enough information within their brains to suffer from nightmares. And they usually don't have much of any reason to be thinking about stress, because their isn't yet multiple substantial sources within their lives.

TIGV said:
If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

Do I have to attend my arraignment if it isn't raining on that day? Am I a convict if I am convicted of not wearing my seatbelt.

TIGV said:
Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in
binoculars to look at things on the ground??

What is the purpose of reconnaissance aircraft???

TIGV said:
Why do doctors, when they ask you to strip, leave the room or close the cubicle curtain while you change? ..... They're still going to see you naked anyway.

Both activities allow the doctor time to purge himself beforehand. Or perhaps, time to tape it down.

Last edited:
If 7-11 is open 24-7, then why are there locks on the doors???

:D :D

LTG

Last edited:
UnAnswerd said:
Going to the moon was almost an act of war, against the former Soviet Union. It took on a special urgency and importance. Other little inventions came afterwards. Today, there is far more technology in your car than there was aboard the spacecrafts used to land on the moon.

Shouldn't I be able to drive to the moon then?

Latest resources

Back