• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are retards.

The question is, IS IT LEGAL.

Answer is NO.

Sure, we can all fly an ILS. GREAT!

Excuse me, if it's not legal for you, fine. However not every airline has the same policies and opspecs. You're making a lot of ASSumptions. This isn't the ASA board (or whoever you work for), it's the regional board.

I think the original poster's question implies the flight is legal.

I've seen it done in the sim, 0/0. The guy flying was a 20,000 hour AA Capt and when we turned the vis back up on the sim we were right on centerline. We even had a 10 kt crosswind dialed up. He was just showing off, obviously.

Wow...the sim. Did he have fun kissing his sister too?

I think a majority of us have done it in the sim to prove it can be done if you are out of options. Like to see someone do it for real.
BTW, how was the rollout, flare, etc? Oh wait, I bet the sim got pos Reese on touchdown. Tough stuff.

Wow...the sim. Did he have fun kissing his sister too?

I think a majority of us have done it in the sim to prove it can be done if you are out of options. Like to see someone do it for real.
BTW, how was the rollout, flare, etc? Oh wait, I bet the sim got pos Reese on touchdown. Tough stuff.

I wouldn't, because it would be dangerous and illegal. Do you have a point?

It is legal.

The approaches are not the issue, even at company mins.

It's just a matter of whether or not you feel like risking your papers for the company over some BS cruise altitude bust.

You're capt of CRJ200. Weather at destination is showing 200 ft ceilings and 1 1/2 mile vis. X-wind of 10 knts gusting to 15. Autopilot and flight director deferred. 380 nm flight. ILS fully operational on all runways. Would you take the airplane?

You really needed to ask this question?

Let the FO shoot it, its your job to train the next generation whether the FO is "experienced" or in your opinion not. Its not like he/she's a 250 hour wonder. New hiring mins are in place now!

Man up and monitor!

Back in the 60's flying world wide, I didn't know what those things were and I was flying approaches to 100' and 1/4 mile on raw data, with no ILS,

I'll take a PAR anyday. Hell that should be the onlt approach there in existance in my opinion.

I'll take a PAR anyday. Hell that should be the onlt approach there in existance in my opinion.

Been there. Done the PAR/GCA approaches down to 100 & 1/4. Now, oddly enough they are NOT allowed by my company's op specs. Go figure.

Latest resources

Back